Skip to Content

Mfubu-LETABA HERE I AM-Sept 2010

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks

Moderator: hilda

Mfubu
Location: being a gypsy exploring limpopo, mpumalanga and nelspruit

Mfubu-LETABA HERE I AM-Sept 2010

Unread postby Mfubu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:00 pm

buffalos.....well how exciting.... and we were right in the middle, literally. estimated 500 and shoo some seriously large bulls (and that is an understatement. just had stuning cook out at mooiplaas. ooooo and just spotted lion. and idiots behind me have got their combi door open. i swear if i was closer to them i would give them a piece of my mind. but enogh saod, oooo this is such a wonderful day. and boy does her tummy look big.
Sometimes when life gets crazy and life feels like everything is out of control.... always remember to take a deep breath and to stop and smell the potatoe bush!

Mfubu

ON WAY TO TALAMATI

Unread postby Mfubu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:18 am

HELLO EVERYONE, GREETINGS FROM LETABA. WE HAVE SEEN MORE BIG HEARDS OF BUFFALOE THAN I HAVE IN A LONG TIME. OFF TO TALAMATI NOW SO I AM SURE THERE ARE LOVELY SIGHTINGS FOR ALONG THE WAY. ADDED 5 new birds that i can add to my list. i just so love it here, never a dull moment....
Sometimes when life gets crazy and life feels like everything is out of control.... always remember to take a deep breath and to stop and smell the potatoe bush!

Mfubu

LETABA HERE I AM

Unread postby Mfubu » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Well it was easier to carry on here cos couldnt find my talamati post. so just to let everyone know.... Talamati rocks!!! We saw some seriously beautiful sable antelope, two white faced scops owls perched very close to road on way in and best of all, i got to see my dear friend the badger...i was so excited. saw some wonderful sightings of rhino and a lion or 2 here and there. So now at Letaba a wee bit chilly however more adventures on the way

Mfubu

Re: LETABA HERE I AM

Unread postby Mfubu » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm

aaahhh.... the smell from the potatoe bush always makes me feel like i am home, hearing the pppprrrrrrp of the scops owl and the woooOOOP of the hyaena is certainly amoung some of the best sounds to go to sleep to. Good night all the nature lovers. Sweet dreams and may you all dream of the exciting things that his lovely bush has to bring from the smallest critter to the largest of giants. SLEEP WELL

Mfubu

Unread postby Mfubu » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:29 pm

sniff sniff....my last night here in letaba....vtalk about the last couple of hours being full of giant crocs and baby babies. i dont think i have ever seen a giraffe suckling up until now, it was a baby baby.tiny weenie baby hippo and tiny tiny baby elephant. and then just to add to the baby list right outside our bungalow a baby bush buck...little ones here ther and everywhere. and the those monster crocs, havent seen such sizes in a long time, decided that they were the greay whites of the bushveld. the sounds again of the wild...its definately the ultimate. oooooo i forgot. i swear i have just seen the biggest ant ever, well it looked like an ant. could someone please advise me on the biggest ant we get and to wot size they could grow, and if not an ant wot would it be

Mfubu

Unread postby Mfubu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I am so happy. I have just seen my first tortoise in the knp. how stunning and then was highly entertained by chameleon making its way across the road, another first as i have only seen them in trees. wot a wonderful way out

Return to “Travel Tales”