Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE ITS OF TO KRUGER PARK GO WE.
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

With apologies to a well known eye drop company.

Yeeehaaa - it is that time of the year again when we get to spend our 10 nights in Kruger. My apologies for being two weeks early but I got itchy fingers and could not wait to start writing my T.R.

At the moment our schedule is as follows:
Orpen 21/08 trying to swop this for Skukuza.
Satara 22 and 23/08 - Perimeter BD2V - what number should I request?
Letaba 24 and 25/08 - Perimeter BG2U - what number should I request?
Satara 26/08 - Perimeter BD2V
Lower Sabie 27 and 28/08 - non perimeter BG2- still trying to get an upgrade.
Crocodile Bridge 29/08 BD3
Berg en Dal 30/08 - Perimeter BA3U - what number should I request?

Please hold thumbs that we get our swop and upgrades.

The reason for swopping Orpen for Skukuza is twofold:
1) The road to Orpen between Hazyview and Klaserie does not sound too good and going in at Paul Kruger at about 11:00 and trying to get to Orpen could be a bit dodgy.
2) I have read about Lake Panic near Skukuza on a thread but have never been there. This will give us a chance to go there.

Already writing out our "What to take with" list.

If the coming trip is anything like we had last August and our 4 days in April then we are in for exciting times.

Maybe we will chat again before our first days report.

Post subject: Re: HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE ITS OF TO KRUGER PARK GO WE.
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Gunner - Thanks very much. We hope to come back with plenty of pics now that my wife has a Nikon D90 and 150-500mm lens.

Kaapsedraai - thanks very much for the info. Still trying to get accomodation in Skukuza for 21 August.

Kamadejo - Thanks very much for your good wishes.

vgstephens - Thanks very much for your good wishes. In December I will be :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE ITS OF TO KRUGER PARK GO WE.
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:03 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Only a few hours to go and then I can turn off the radio undo the seatbelts and relax. No more listening to "strikes strikes" and hopefully be able to shout more "sights sights". Hopefully all this nonsense will be over by the time we return. Funny thing is that as soon as the dogs see us take down the suitcases their tales drop down from the up and wagging position to the down and dragging position. I will only be writing my TR a few days after we get back on the 31 August. Got my yellow ribbon ready and really hope to meet a whole bunch of forumites during our ten days. Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye tra la la tra la la.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]