Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pikkie-Don't know what to call my TR-June 2010
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm 

Have waited so long to start a TR :wall: ..........but my time/turn has finally come around again!

Will be leaving early Sunday morning for Malelane for & nights.

Will post a couple of pic's as a wish list!
No1

to see those Kruger sunrises and smell that fresh Kruger air and ............

those wonderful unforgettable sunsets, and to ..........

Post subject: Re: Don't know what to call my TR, but it is time for another!
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:15 pm 

Great excitement today :D :D :D

The Fifa opening ceremony and the kickoff, WOW what a great day for South Africa and for Africa aswell. I don't like the noise of the Vuvusela but I'll be patriotic and support Bafana Bafana!

My favorite team I must admit is Brazil!!!!!!!

And what makes this day even greater is that I'm 1 day closer leaving for KNP :tongue:

To go on with my wish list......

once again to visit...... (do you know where this is?)

and like this....... and where is this watering hole :huh:

We will be a traveling party of six consisting of SO and myself, 2 daughters 7 and 14; my son age 17 and his girlfriend age 16 (a keen photographer).

I'm busy packing and loading the trailer now as I we might get a little bonus and leave tomorrow morning :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

If not, I'll keep you guys posted as to when we leave.

I left out the amount of days in my first post because there is a slight chance of going for a longer time :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I'll keep you posted :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 pm 

Hi guys, :redface: :redface: ; sorry for not posting for a while but I'm back in the rush of the real world!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Haven't had time to work on my TR, but I'll post a couple of :cam: for a taster.

Just a few :cam: of some wonderful sights and atmosphere of KNP.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm 

Hi guys, thanx for all the replies!

:redface: So sorry for the delay but I am really struggling to find the time to work on my TR. So what I'm gonna do is post :cam: and tell a story /comment every now and then!

These are from the first day! We arrived at Malelane gate just after Nine sunday morning and went straight to camp and set up camp at Malelane, yes and we were greeted by the monkeys that climbed in our car, stole sweets and scared my youngest daughter!

After setting up camp we immediately left for B&D and baought some cold drinks and did the matjulu loop and then back to camp.

We were very blessed to have seen 4 of the big 5 everyday! Will do a bit of commenting and story telling a little later.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 am 

Every year this time; around 15 June, I take my wife to KNP for our wedding anniversary. (Well I try if time allows). As soon as the bookings opened for this time last year I phoned and phoned and phoned and phoned, yes and when I finally got through to central reservations 4 hours later everything was booked and I could only get 1 night at Crocbridge,1 night LS, 1 night Tamboti, Letaba and then Tamboti for the last night. I phoned every week for cancelations to try and get the booking at 1 place over that period. This year with 2010 Fifa World cup and school holidays starting earlier we decided to take our kids with us and my sons girlfriend. Realising It might be a bit late we tried our luck in Feb this year to change it to camping with the kids and was pleasantly surprised to find space at Malelane for camping and even for a longer stay.

So started our preparation for camping in the winter in Kruger and together with the preparation came the countdown to our trip. World Cup started 2 days before our trip started; so with the countdown on TV and radio that was broadcasted on a daily basis I was reminded on the time left before I would be in heaven.

Slowly the days went by until the World Cup started and Bafana Bafana did us proud. And then Sunday arrived.........................

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:39 am 

:( :redface: :redface: Well I don’t know what to say or how to apologise :pray: :pray: , but please forgive me! We have really been very busy. Busy with many projects and wish to back at KNP. The whole family has suffered with flu, the one would follow the next one and so the vicious circle goes on! As soon as you recover then somebody else is flat in bed and you can be sure that 5 days later it will be your turn to be flat in bed with an aching body and exploding head. This has never happened to us as a family. O but hallelujah spring is on its way!

Well Saturday evening before we leave for KNP we could not sleep at all, so just after 02H00 we leave for Malelane. We had a good trip and we take our time to reach our destination. We enter Malelane at 09H00 and start setting up camp. While we were setting up camp naughty monkeys climbed into the car and stole sweeties while my youngest daughter was in the car,……… needless to say what her reaction was! It was actually very funny!

After camp was set up, we left for B&D and then the Matjulu loop and then to the tar road and saw various species, as you can see in my former post, for of the five.

Will try and post on a more regular basis!

If not able I will change this TR to a photo TR.

To be honest, I started attending some informal lessons on photography and was shocked to see how; I don’t actually know how to put this, how below standard my photos are.

So these photos are just for memories!

I will post some more :cam: later

Have good day!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 am 

Typical KNP traffic jam

A KNP sunset

Not very handsome

Till later!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am 

It's a dirty job, but someones got to do it! :redface: :redface: (Sorry guys and gals)

This is hard work and I need to rest!

Next morning found the rest of the pride.

What lies ahead today?

Fish Eagle

Catching up on the morning news

What's for breakfast, can I have the menu please?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 pm 

Some more :cam:

the ever present ..........

Look at them eyes and lashes

And these beautiful colors

Lovely kudu

Until later; then I will post some of my thoughts!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 pm 

Well this is some of my thoughts of our stay in the best place on earth!

I must admit that I am a proud Saffie and I am totally proud of how SA hosted the Fifa world cup! My SO remarked the other day that she misses the whole vibe of the world cup.
I was really concerned about the noise and “over population” in the park during this time. The park was very full of tourists from all over the world.
During our stay in the park I picked up one really new Nokia that had not yet been released in SA, but luckily found the owner; from Greece a little later.
Couple of days later at a white rhino sighting we saw a wallet with card and money in and picked it up and started tracking the owner. It was people up the road camping @ B&D.
That very same day taking the gravel road just south of Afsaal I spotted an I Phone lying in the road. We proceeded down the road and saw Jockey with a truck with tourists standing next to buffalo herd, but they were not looking at the herd of buffalo but looking and searching the truck. I suspected that this could be the owners of the I Phone which turned out to be. They were from Chile and were very grateful to my wife for the phone. The one guy called her an angel. As a token of their gratitude they took photos of us and also gave us a Chile soccer shirt.

This is the young man from Chile! I must admit that after our trip Chile has become my next favourite country!
He has become a freind

Some more stories and thoughts a little later! Enjoy the weekend!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm 

@Sanpfan: thanx; it's good to be back

Not a good :cam: but a first for me!

A sad sighting :cry: most probably a speeding vehicle

Lake panic

Until later!

Whole household sick in bed with flu and stomach bug!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 pm 

Thanx Lowveldboy, sitting in a personal photo critic crisis ppcc) :lol: where I am my greatest critic!

There was a pride of lions around the Malelane area the time that we were there!
Here are some of them, sorry for the vehicles in the background!

Believe it or not :slap: :redface: ; I'm still busy uploading :cam: , but I'm getting there :tongue: :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm 

Dad and kids of the same pride.

My SO favorite raptor!
Sorry for the low quality, it was very far.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]