Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: gerharddb-A One Night Stand In Kruger...June 2010
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:twisted: :lol: :lol:

No people its not like you think!! Really!! Let me explain before I get banned by the Mods or receive Pm's from the guys!! :lol: :lol:

I will be finishing my exams tomorrow and planned to go to the farm to rest, visit friends, and do a little bit of farming... only to check up on my dad :lol: when the idea came up to make a little detour... to the Kruger and then to the farm! So I made a phone call yesterday to the reservation office and spoke to a very friendly lady there who booked me a stand(camping) in Lower Sabie :dance: . So Ill be going to the park for one single night and see how things develop from there. Maby Ill stay another night. :hmz:

I invited one of my school buddies to join me, as he has never been to Kruger. So Ill be armed with my Camera, Binos, Birding books as I will be trying to start to do a little bit of birding. I know its kind of the wrong time for birding as allot of birds migrated but Im sure to find the Mossie or some or other bird. You have to start somewhere!! :lol: And of course the flask with coffee and some Ouma Biskuit when we hit the road tomorrow afternoon. Ill be sleeping in Komatipoort at my brother there and then as the first light appears head to the gate on Thursday.

I'll try to post regular from the cell phone and tell you 'bout the sightings.

Now have to go and study for the exam tomorrow otherwise there wont be a trip to come!! :doh:

The currents that shape our lives, flow from the attitudes we nurture everyday!

Post subject: Re: A One Night Stand In Kruger...
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:yaya:

Got back home last night after 2 days in the park and a few days on the farm. What a trip we had!! Animal sightings I think it couldnt have gone any better, but the birds!! I got some new respect for birders! HOW ON EARTH DO YOU ID THEM AND TAKE A PHOTO???? I tried my best but it was not a very successful story!! I see them... look at them with the binos and before I can even try to ID them they fly off! Not even sitting long enough to let me take a photo to try and id it when Im home!! NAh people serious this thing is far more difficult to do than I realised!

I will sort the photos and start with the TR as soon as possible!!

The currents that shape our lives, flow from the attitudes we nurture everyday!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]