Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: duffy-My TR 15th - 23rd February 2010
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 am 

OK!!! I'm duffy and i'm needing some attention here!!!!! Been blogging with Martie, answering Lourens, and now i'm about to try a TR myself on Monday 15th, 16th and 17th Letaba, 18th, 19th and 20th, Satara and 21st and 22nd LS!!! Can't wait!!!!! My SO, my BGF (best girl friend and I) are going (not me alone)!!! Right!!! I have my tape recorder, my blackberry (just in case) and our cameras!!! (none of them larney!!!!) However they do take good pics! I am going to do a TR if it kills me!!! but I have to learn how to upload my pic - thanks to DuQues for the flickr or Tinypics thread, I sincerely hope I am able to do this!!! I am a 61 year old new Nanna, a grandson, born on October 11th 2009!!! My SO has been running his business for the last 39 years, (obviously with me by his side)!!!! but not on school holidays!!! That's when I travelled with my daughter and my son all over Kruger!!! Wow the things I've seen!!!! If only we had the blog then, but that was before all our new technology!!!! I hope we see many little and small creatures (just not another run-in with an elephant in musth) - no thanks not for me!!!! I actually had to drive past him on the way to Letaba from Phalaphorwa gate last March!!! We were running out of time - anyway don't let me bore you with my frightening, (and SO's more frightening experience, with me in the drivers seat)!!! However you shall be hearing from me soon, I hope with pics also!!!! duffy

Post subject: Re: My TR 15th - 23rd February 2010
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:25 pm 

Wow! thanks Normana53, Kamadejo, Meandering Mouse, Kwagga 1 and cptphotographer, thanks for the welcome!!! I am now becoming very excited, packing, checking, cameras, binocs, bird books, etc!!! We will be arriving at Phalaborwa on Monday, and once through the gate, the story begins, the wonder of the trees, grass, birds, animals, all creatures, great and small, equally important to the symphony and harmony of the bush!!! I will definitely keep you posted!!!! :D :D

All you need is Love!!! - John Lennon

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:32 pm 

Hi! I'm back in this place called "reality" and don't go to sleep with the green bush and trees flashing before my eyes!!! Had a wonderful trip, and had the pleasure of meeting Lourens at Phalaborwa gate as we checked in, what a lovely young man and so passionate about what he is doing!!! I also had the pleasure of meeting David Malan at Nkhuhlu on our last day, also an amazing human being!! Keep up the good work both of you guys!!! I found the bush to be so quiet, not a sound at night, except of course the frogs and hippos at Letaba and Lower Sabie and the Skops owl at Satara and followed the 5 second sound and found him in his tree!!! Saw lions - I call them a bundle of lions, 6 well fed females all lying on top of one another, saw so many elephants, some really calm and quite friendly, others a bit territorial, like get out of my space!!! naturally we did! also spotted a serval running across the road with his meal, a scrub hare in his mouth, but too fast for a pic!! Also saw 6 cheetahs with their kill near Crocodile Bridge, but the bush is so thick you just see a face here and there! Later on our way back from CB the cheetahs were gone and a Bataleur flew down on the kill and then as if by some magic the vultures just kept on coming - what a feeding frendzy!! incredible to see!! My friend got the best pics, so soon she will come and visit and we will try and get them uploaded!! Oh and SO had a conversation with a Burchalls coucal, the cutest thing to see, SO made the noise and he answered back everytime lifting his whole body up and forward, amazing!! I will be back soon with more!!

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 am 

I truly wish I could get started with my trip report, by my BGF has the pics, and we will get everything sorted out at some time soon! There is one other thing that haunts my dreams, On our way from Letaba to Olifants, just for a drive we had come to the part of the road where the river is on the right hand side, when we saw 3 people, I cannot say who or what they were, but they looked very thin and bedraggled and had a 2 litre bottle of river water in the one guys hands!!! We obviously did not stop, but were travelling very slowly, and I was in the back seat and looking at these people, the one man's eyes were so full of sorrow (I don't know what came over me at that moment) but somehow I never gave it another thought!!!! Therefore, I did not report this sighting to anyone??????? Now I think was I wrong??? I just don't know, because i sensed no evil in these people!!! Maybe someone can help me it was on the 16th February!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE! John Lennon

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am 

Did have an amazing trip, but really after seeing all the stunning pics that are posted, I seriously give up trying to post pics, I suppose once I've learned how to do it, well then Bob's your uncle, I'll feel like a normal foramite!!! At the moment I hang my head in shame!!!! My son is in France and he opened a Flicr account for me on my laptop, but I still have no idea what's going on!! I got a beautiful camera from my son in law, a Cannon 1000D, apparently, very simmelar to the 450D, well here's hoping I will have more stories and some stunning pics next time! because there will be a next time!!! My beloved SO is in Chile, South America for 2 months and has promised me a great holiday when he returns!!! My only place for a holiday if Kruger!!!! I love it so!!! Bless you all, and keep up the wnderful stories and sightings, as they keep me very happy!!! Go well all of you and happy sightings - waiting for all the trip reports!!!!!! Ciao for now!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]