Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kentys Kruger Trip 17/09 - 21/09. Part 1 - Completed
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 pm 

This is a Trip Report of our Trip to Skukuza and Satara. Me, SO and my Parents who are in the late 60,s. Its my 3rd time in Kruger, 2nd time staying in SAN Parks, they have never been before. I did all the bookings via the Internet. you may want to get some :popcorn:

We started by getting the internal flight on SAA Airlink to KMP - all went smoothly and with no problems. I advised the other 3 to keep thier cameras handy as they may want to take a picture of the terminal building. SO - 'why do I want a picture of an airport?' As we where making our way to the terminal they where all taking pictures. I think its one of the best looking airports in the world.
Pick up our Hire Car - Nissan XTrail 4x2 from Thriffty - again no problem. Then on to White River to get some supplies, mainly in the form of G + T for Ma, Amarula for SO and Windhoek for Pa and myself :D Also some breakfast stuff and snacks for in the car. :D :D. Stocked up we head for Numbi gate full of excitment.
At they gate I do the entry paperwork while they say hello to Jock.

As we enter Kruger on the H1-1 I tell them that I wont stop the car at the 1st MacDonalds as we will see loads during our stay. But how can you resist when you see your 1st group after living in a City 12,000kms away. :huh:

We stop and watch them for a few minutes as they enjoy the shade, once you see your 1st animal in the park it feels like a releif and you know all the travelling to get there is worth it. :D. The next Sighting are 2 White Rhino Sleeping under a tree, tried to take a picture but no luck, a couple more Km's down the road more Impala, then this chap keeping a lookout on his real estate.

Image.

Then we saw 3 of these majestic animals, I always wonder how the 1st Europeans described them, and if anyone belived them.

I cant belive we have already seen so much before we even get to Skukuza, and feel its going to be a great stay.
We get to SKukuza at about 4pm, booking in goes well with no Q, we had 2 couples wild cards (which we purchased in Cape Town for Addo) its so nice not having to worry about the money for your conservation fees. All goes well. I then mention that via email I have reserved 4 people on the evening Bush Braii, I half expect to be told they either have no record of the booking or its been cancelled, for this reason no one else in the party knew about it so it was a nice suprise for them.
Im told to be at the Game drive area for 4.45pm - leaving at 5pm - its 4.15 :big_eyes:
Take Ma and Pa to there River Front Rondaval - West side, me and SO are on the East side :thumbs_up: as we leave remind them that once they put stuff in the fridge to turn it round to stop the Vervets. As we get to our Roundaval and start to unpack we look next door :big_eyes:

Point out to SO thats why you turn the fridge round - putting just a chair in front is no good! The criminals are still hanging around.

As much as I can watch them for ages we had no time only 25 minutes to up pack the car and freshen up in the fantastic showers.

We get out and make our way to the car park where we find out there are only 10 on the bush braii - our Party of 4 - Melin11 and SO - and 4 Saffas. Oupa is our ranger and although the animals didnt all co-operate what a fantastic evening, the setting, the food, (loads of) a stash of cool ones in a tub of ice, and the staff where all great.
This is a random picture that was taken of the chef - but sums the evening up perfectly.

If you get the chance to do one make sure you do, highly recomended :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

As we drop my parents off at there Rondaval I remind them to set there Alarm for 5am as the Gates open at 6........

......Alarm goes off at 5 wake up all excited 1st full day in Kruger and I cant wait to see what the day holds in store. Put the kettle on Im english and cant start the day woith out a cuppa (5 roses in this case) SO gets in the shower and says she cant get the water to run through hot..... strange I thought, they was red hot last night, maybe SAN Parks has gone to solar heating and the waters not hot, I decide to chance a cold shower, I turn the hot tap on and nearly scold myself, turns out SO had still been half asleep and only turned the cold tap on. (Im still laughing thinking about it now). :lol:

SO makes some cheese and tomato Sarmies for the car we pack chips etc as once I leave camp I dont like coming back till the gates are due to close. Pack the car drink my tea with couple of Dippas (the marmalade flavour is lekker). Pack the car - cameras - batteries etc, check the fridge is secure. :thumbs_up:

Drive to the westside to pick up Ma and Pa, only find my Ma has been ill all night, we think its a reaction to the Malarone and a bit of De-hydration - bummer - she decides to stay behind but my Pa jumps in the back of the car. Its 5.45 drive to the gate and............there must be 20 cars in front of us!!!!!!!!

SO has been teasing me about fnding a leopard - I told her they are so difficult to find and also LIT are a myth put around on internet forums.

Oh well we sit there and make a plan wondering what way we should go when we leave the camp Turn left - no will end up going towards a gate and we have just got here, just dont want the thought of a gate - straight on possible and then a coffee later on at Afsal - or maybe left and head up towards Tshokwane, for our coffee also possible. The gates open at 6am - most people seem to be going straight on - thats it we decide to go left. see some more of these guys at 6.10,

We stop and watch them in the early morning light and wonder what the day has in store for them and us. Over the low water bridge - I point out the leval of the 2000 floods. SO and Pa cant believe it!

A few more buck then we get to the turn for the Maroela Loop, we,ve not been on the dirt since we arrived at Kruger so I make a turn. No one else around so we slow down to about 20kph and scan the bush. We do about 2k,s then OMG - :big_eyes: 2 shapes on the right hand side 2 Leopard cubs!!!!!!! They start making there way into the bush - I brake - Reverse - as we all start scrambling for our camaras - we look and see them walking off I squeeze of 3 shots with my Point and shoot. One has gone - but the other is slower he looks over his shoulder

We cant Beleive it, we are all breathless asking each other was it real did we really see 2, yes we did. SO says that if we see nothing else in our stay then it has all been worth it.
We drive on - more Giraffe - more Impala - Back onto the Tar - stop off at Mantimahle

Then up to here for a leg stretch and take our daily dose of Malarone and some juice, we all still cant believe what we,ve seen so far.

Finish our snacks pack the rubbish away, Take the right towards Tshokwae as planned, the next sighting is some Gunu/Blue Wilerbeest/Lion food walking away

a few Zebra/Black and white strippy horses/Lion food near Leeupan.

The 1st of both we have seen this trip, but a bit of a quiet spell.
It all changes as we arrive at Leeupan at 8.50.
We arrive and on the far side are 2

Just browsing the tops of the trees, they look so graceful and calming.

Also on the far side a stunning Sable Antelope, wih some feathered freinds hitching a ride for a free meal.

There are some glossy starlings and some red and yellow billed hornbills hanging around,

Question - what happens if they breed - Orange Hornbills?

Also an African Fish Eagle?

The 3 of us sit there with about 4 other cars and enjoy the peace taking pictures of the animals, then all hell breaks loose, this lot came rampaing to the water hole, all noise and dust, destroying the peace and scaring off the the animals.

we stay and watch them cause chaos - until they leave and peace returns.

Image.

Then make our way for a coffee on the way we see

Steenbok I assume?

Its 10am now so coffee at Tshokwane is calling. So we drive past Silolweni.
Coffee drunk, spotless ablutions used, ichy feet. We drive back to Siloweni not much happening read the sign

and feel sad the hippos maybe culled - why not breach the dam to get the water flowing?
We decide to drive down to Lower Sabie back up the road take the H10 turn we go down the dirt S32 see plenty more Imala and Nyala, stop off at Orpen Dam not alot going on double back down the S32 and see this lot crossing the road

ImageImage

we watch them dissapear into the bush, we take the left onto the H10 and met them crossing the road again

You have to love the little ones!
Once they have gone we go south, not much going on so we stop at Nkumbe and admire the view, and have some juice and snacks - we,ve been out 6 hours already

Just down the road we see our second Klipspringer of our trip.

Question - one side of the Road (Mozambique) is all burnt, was this a controlled burn or a bush fire??????? - it seems a very large area.

Not much going on so we make a turn, off the Tar and onto the S128 and drive for a bit enjoying the solitude of not a single car in either direction. We stop when we see a group of ground hornbills with a youngster looking for food

Then we come across this Bull on his own (is he named?) so we watch him feed while he watches us - watching him - watching us.....

Nothing much else to be seen apart fom a second group of Ground Hornbills with 1 of the group looking like he wants to attack the hire car can animals have an attitude? cos this guy seemed to.

Its already 3pm time for a break at Lower Sabie
We have a hot pie and a cold one at LS and enjoy the view from the deck.

Out the gates and start making for Skukuza, we stop at Sunset - hoping there is a 2nd 'Battle' taking place - alass no but plenty of bird life there

And some big crocs lazing in the sun

This guy was wisely on the opposite bank to them.

Driving up the H4-1 not much going on apart from the usual buck until we get past Nkuhlu,
We watch the baboons feeding at the roadside. This was one of the cutest.

Rant on - Only downer was we pulled into one of the laybys that over look the Sabie and see 4 empty bottles of Savana!!!!!!!! Why cant people take there rubbish back to camp - is it that difficult??? I was tempted to get out the car and pick them up. :naughty:
- Rant off.

Then we came across a tree that must have some of the sweetest leaves in Kruger

Then back to camp - drop Pa off and me and SO freshen up, this time she turns the hot on. then upto Seleti for a meal - I can recomend the ribs. Alarm set for 5am. Sleep

and Satara 19 and 20 Sept 2009
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by Kenty on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kentys Kruger Trip 17/09 - 21/09. Almost finished
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm 

1st day finished :dance: The trip from Skukuza to Satara

Alarm goes off at 5 - shower - pack - SO makes some Sarmies again - pick Ma and Pa up, luckily Ma feels better today. Not such a big Q at the gate today - but as we are waiting, some idiot decides that as the gate opens they arn,t going to q :naughty: and race to the front, :naughty: :naughty: Toyota Landruiser - didnt get the reg unfortantly. Drop the keys in the box and go through the gates at 6am and are greeted by

Decide to Drive the Maroela loop again in the hope of seeing the 2 leopard cubs again. So we take a turn off the H1-2 on to the dirt. But instead of cubs we have an adult Leopard run in front of the car right to left so quick no one can get a picture, wow - we all wonder is this is the mother of the 2 cubs we saw yesterday.

Then we see our 1st group of

No one in the car is tired of seeing them so we sit and watch them while they have their breakfast.

Then off the loop, up and take a turn and down the H1 and over the Sabie, down the S76 and back onto the H4-1 take a right going back to H12 we see a small heard of Nyala crossing the road

Male
Female

We then get stopped at a road block

Some people drive around but we just take our time - its 7.20am whats the rush? Next on the H1-2 we have a sighting pointed out to us in the road he seems to be soaking up the morning heat

Puff Adder.

We wait at to point him out to others, but no one shows so after a while we leave him and hope he is ok, then we see another car towing a caravan and stop and tell him, Just hope he has never been bitten by a snake. :(

Near to Leeupan we saw him all alone

At the water hole not as much going on as yesterday but still fun to watch this lot drinking, eating and causing chaos.

But not as much fun as me eating and drinking at Tshokwane - Wors, pap and simba - should get me to Satara - lekker.

On to the H1-3 - and had a lean spell checked out the water holes and all the animals where in the distance, so we stopped off here and had a leg stretch. Not the place for your Leopard in a tree sighting - its a good job they dont exsist!

Then we had another quiet spell which wasnt too bad as we wanted to get to Satara and unload our 4 suitcases, however we looked down the S126 and where greeted on the right hand side by small group of Wilderbeest so close to the car we could have touched them, laying down in the shade from the afternoon sun

we then had the clasic Zebra crossing

and we watched this guy trying to scratch an itch

ImageImage

I bet that feels gooooooooooooood............................

Then drove on to Satara, and checked in at about 1.30, confirmed our bush braii for the next evening. All went smoothly. Unloaded the car and the other 3 agreed they wanted to chill in the Rondavals for an hour.
After an hour relaxing and unpacking I get ichy feet again and we all jump in the car and leave the camp at about 2.40, immediatly we are rewarded with a great White Rhino sighting opposie the entrance road to Satara on the H1-4, he didnt seem at all bothered at the cars stopping and just kept grazing.

Decide to drive to H6 and if we have time the S41/S100 loop to see if anyrhing is going on
see some Giraffe on the H1-4/H6 junction turn down the H6, a few groups of zebra. Tried to get a picture of a Roller who was posing but the light was all wrong. Gutted really although they are common they are a stunning looking bird.

It seems like theres not many cars or animals on the road until we see about 6 cars parked on the right hand side near Shisangani (I think) turns out its a pride of lions doing what all cats do....

........sleeping in the sun!

However they soon became alert

when these guys came for a drink

you could almost sense the excitment, the zebra seemed very nevous as the lions seemed to be weighing up there chances.

But after about 5 mins they decided that the odds where against them and returned to having a nap.
We left the sighting at 5.25 working out our driving time a bit too closely although we where rewarded with this driving on the H6.

The sun was very low in the sky as we got to the end of the H6

I think a leopard could have been riding a unicycle and we wouldnt have been able to stop. But as we turned into Satara looking behind us there was probably 30 other cars!
Went in the shop for some goodies and within 5 minutes it went from empty to packed, I guess we all do the same.Then a quick shower, up to the resturant. Then we lost our bearings completely on the way back, we was in C Section, but at one point ended up in the caravan site!!! oh dear. Still early to bed and another 5am alarm call beckons.

Last edited by Kenty on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kentys Kruger Trip
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm 

Alarm goes off at 5 - in the shower feel sad that today will be the last full day in South Africa and Kruger. We get Ma and Pa from next door, most of our food has gone so we make a plan to make our way to the H6 back to where we saw the lions last night then to drive the S100 seeing as everyone rate it so highly and back to Satara for Breakfast.
We get to the gates at about 5.55 only a few cars in front of us today, and its the most orderly so far, gate open we take a right, down the H1-4 at about 45kpm, then a L.R Disco passes us doing 60kpm! gggrrrrr....Pity there was no rangers about. We pass some Kudu on ther bridge, some buck on the left hand side take the left down the H6 - not seeing much until on the right hand side we see

still its only 6.25 and although he is walking away its the 1st Hyaena we have seen so far, but by the time we get a picture he,s almost gone, pity, on to find the lions. Another 5 minutes down the road we come across these 2, and a set of impala horns, I dread to think where the rest of the impala was.

It looked like the Hyaena was using them as a toothpick

ImageImage

ImageImage

while the black backed jackal was trying to scrounge a morsal. each time the jackal got close the Hyaena turned his back,

the poor little guy just couldnt get a look in. Agh shame man.

Image.

We watched them for about 15 minutes interacting, then left as we was trying to find some lions. Next we hit an african road block.

ImageImage

So we had to stop and watch there antics for 5 minutes - all pecking and chasing each other. Once they let us pass we drove on ...lions to find.

We took a turn at Shishangani, and came across these grooming each other, so we stayed and watched them

and the foal having a drink.

We left them, still looking for lions on the H6

Next we came across a Kori Bustard, unfortantly this was the best picture taken with a point and shoot, so we sat and watched him looking for his next meal.

next up was mother and baby

you have to love the little ones :huh:

next we went over the low water bridge on the S42 to the left we had

and to the right

so we watched them both for a while drove on and on the S100 saw loads of various buck, baboons and,

but no cats, let alone the lions, but what we did see more than made up for it and it was only 9.30. By now our tummies where rumballing by now, so we headed back into Satara for some coffee and Breakfast.....

We get our breakfast and sit outside watching the Hornbills, weavers and glossy starlings. Marvalous.
Why at the resturant at Satara can you get a Bacon and cheese sandwich, a Bacon and egg sandwich but you cant get just a Bacon sandwich? - someone explain..pleaseeeee.

Any way we refuel ourselfs and decide to drive the H1-4 up to Olifants - as much to show the other 3 the wonderful views as much as any animals. But as soon as we leave the gate we see a (Slender?) Mongoose crossing the road.

and he poses long enough for us to squeeze off a couple of shots, we had seen them crossing the roads many times but they move so fast.

Next off another Steenbok, they always seem so nervous and timid.

Countinuing north we see some bones, anyone know what these belong to Zebra?

Then we get told some Hyaenas are lying close to the road, they was so close we almost didnt see them. but they are the 3rd of our stay all seen today

We checked out all the water holes along the H1-4 there wasnt much going on, and what was it was too far in the distance.Although at one we took a picture of this

Image African Hawk Eagle??

The white cloudy sky makes a nice back drop.

Then we got to N,wamanzi look out point and took some long distance pictures of all the Hippos in the Olifants River

The problem is now they just look like big rocks in the river bed. On to the H8 I told everyone to keep a lookout as last time I went over the bridge over a dried up river bed there was a Leopard walking alongit, alas no such luck today. Then up to Olifants for a coffee ad to admire the views. The resturant deck should be a stunnng place to eat when its completed. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

We finish our coffee at Olifants about 1.45, we cant stay too long as we have a bush braai to be at 5pm, thagives us 3 hrs to get back to Satara get changed etc, plenty of time. We talk at the animals we have seen and what else we would like to see (not that you can really plan these things) SO says even though we have had 2 leopard sightings she would like see another, I say a Secretarybird, Ma and Pa just say they are happy with everything so far.
We drive out of Olifants on to H8 and take a turn on to the S92 and come across this mother and child, rather apropriate considering we are in the Olifants area.

Next we come across our 4th Spotted Hyaena sighting of the day and of our stay, he was happily munching on something as we watched him.

Not alot going on but we also saw some saddle billed storks at one of the laybys on the S89, unfortantly we couldnt get a picture, back onto the H1-4 heading south, there wasnt much happening on this road 2 hours previously, would we be luckier now????....

Last edited by Kenty on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kentys Kruger Trip 17/09 - 21/09.
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:03 am 

The first sighting we come across on the H1-4 are some Baboons and a few Impala so we stop to watch the baboons antics. Lots of screaming from the trees.

Next there is a crowd of about 10 cars all looking at...

Accacia tree?...

oh no maybe they are all looking at this.....

:big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

sorry just had to have these 4 at 640x480 I hope thats ok

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

We leave him sleeping in his tree, he is completly oblivious to all the fuss being made about him, we know we have been truely blessed with this sighting, now we are about half way down the H1-4 going to Satara, and its 3.30, bush braii leaves at 5, plenty of time I tell myself, my Pa says we cant stop at any other sightings or we will be late, yeh sure Pa. we pass a few other cars who are heading north and tell them about the LIT. SO is more than happy seeing her cat so close, and sleeping.

Next by the S127 turn off we see not 1 but 2,

one even stretchs his wings and flys over the road, wow, I,ve seen not 1 but 2 Secretarybirds together.
So we stay and watch these 2 hunting for prey for 10 minutes or so, I think they are such an unusual and intresting bird, but we have to push on.

Next between the S127 and the S90 on right hand side we see not 1 but 3 white Rhino.

Why do you get all the really good sightings when you are pushed for time. To prove the point we see a huge herd of Buffalo about 3kms outside of Satara.

Its a pity we didnt have more time to watch them and to take some better photos as it was our biggest group of them that we had seen, we get into the camp at about 4pm, straight down to C block we have about 45 minutes to shower and change then to meet for the bush braai. Still more than enough time to take a photo of the Rondaval while waiting for SO and Ma and Pa.

Mind you the time it takes them to get ready I could have probably built a Rondaval

Last edited by Kenty on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kentys Kruger Trip 17/09 - 21/09. Part 1 - Completed
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm 

So we all get ready in time and drive up to reception, wondering how many people will be on the bush braai this time, at Skukuza it was 10, turns out it is the grand total of........... 6...me, SO, Ma, Pa, Merlin 11 and his SO....Wow. we leave camp at around 5, the ranger (sorry forgot his name) say we wont be able to stop for too many sightings as we haveto drive to N,wanetsi for the braai, although within about 5 minutes of leving Satara we see a leopard in the long grass - we would never have seen it without the extra hieght of the San parks vehicle, and the eye sight of the ranger! Its amazing how quickly it starts getting dark, (hence some of the photos not being great) also the picture where taken with only a point and shoot Panasonic.

Next up we see a lion walking away.

Then the usual troop of baboons I can watch there antics for hours.

Then we turned own the H6 for the second time in the day and saw our only bush buck of our stay

I tried to get a picture again of a lilac breasted roller but alas no, although the changing light has made it a bit unusal

By now it was dusk and unable to really take any pictures but we saw the Hyaena again which we saw earlier in the day, but this time he had no Impala toothpicks, apperantly tere is a family living in a storm drain under the H6 near to Shishangani.

By the time we arrived at the braai area after about a 1 hour drive the ranger was telling us about anti-poaching patrols and how much he enjoyed his work, a true asset to SANparks.

Once again we was totally blown away by the effort everyone went to for us, the food was fantastic, a choice of wine, dessert of malva pudding and custard. I think we was all stuffed

SO, Merlin11 SO, Merlin11, Ma, Pa.

What a truely special way to spend your last night in Kruger. Then it was time to get back in the transport to head back to Satara.
The journey back was just as good, Ma sitting next to the Ranger up front, they were chatting and getting on so well thought I was going to have free entry to Kruger for life. (sorry Pa). :redface:

We 1st saw a clump of spikes, it was 3 Porcupines, we wasnt sure if it was males or female, no one was brave enough to check them. :huh:

After that we saw a Serval and a Civet. But way to stealthy to get a photo. But one of the best experiances though (for us city dewllers any way) was Ranger stopped the truck and engine and lights turned off - Amazing just to see the night sky an the stars. Before we knew it we was safely back in camp, after another Amazing 15 hour day in the park. Packing to leave the next morning and drinking the last of our Amarula.

Next the journey to Orpen gate...... :( :( :( :(

Last edited by Kenty on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 pm 

I can second the fact that the bush braai's at both Skukuza and Satara were a fantastic! - we were there! Well worth the money for that experience.
As there were only 2 of us it was kind of Kenty's group to let us join up - they all made us feel very welcome - we will remember both of those nights for a very long time. Great food, great night skys, unusual animal sightings and great company what more could you want? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:54 pm 

The last part........

Up at 5 again, I feel sad that we will be leaving KNP and South Africa today. Have a shower do the last of the packing and put all our bags in the hire car 1 last time, get Ma and Pa and there luggage from next door. Last day in Kruger, we have to be at Oliver Tambo for the evening, so we dont have high hopes for sightings today, the plan is drop the keys in the box, turn right out the camp and then right again and head along the H7 and out through Orpen gate.
We are at the gate by 5.55, no many in front today, SO drops the keys in the box out through the gates one last time....... Down the H1-4 onto the H7 and toward Orpen. Within 5 minutes of being out the gate the 1st sighting of the day is,

I know thats something I wont be seeing within 5 mintues of leaving my house in the U.K. The next sighting is the biggest of the 'Big 5,

I turned round to take a picture of my Pa with the Ellie in the back ground, I know it looks photo-shopped, but I promise its not. I dont think I've ever seen my Pa happier and he looks younger than a month ago, the Kruger effect???? :D

Then as we approch the bridge Nsemai we see about 5 cars on the right hand side o the left hand side we see

Whenever I see Vultres I always think of the film Ice Age - 'the more of you that die, the better we eat'.

Stopping on the right hand side of the bridge we scan the waterhole and on the far side there is a pride of lions letting there meal go down by the look of things, that 2 of the 'Big 5, in less than 30 minutes.

So we stay and watch these for a while taking a few last photos, next up a solitary water buck, it feels like the animals are saying goodbye.

we stop off at

Rant on - [there are bottles there - I was going to pick one up, but it was full off p!ss - if you are caught short and go to the trouble of going in an empty water bottle - why chuck it out your car at a look out point :naughty: you are only about 20kms from Satara or Orpen - look at the sign its 4th item - idiots -] Rant off

We have our daily dose of Malarone and juice, while we soak up the views of the river bed - bone dry - nothing much going on apart from a hornbill and the atmosphere, sorry I couldnt take a picture of that, that stays as a memory.

Back on the H7 we take a turn off just as a herd of Buffalo come out the bush and cross in front of us. 3 of the 'Big 5' and we have only been out the camp 90 minutes.

Just shows you never know whats round the next corner.

Next off a troop of Baboons in the road and some OSV stop to let there guests get some pictures - they are going in and we have got to go. :cry:

We stop off at N'wamatsatsa as this guy poses for us

We take a picture of the H7, looks better than the M25 in rush hour.

We stop at Orpen to book out, what a stunning little camp...next time?....out the gate and into civilization? Driving towards Klaserie I put the radio on for the 1st time in 5 days Radio Capri is on the preset, 1st song as we leave Kruger - Johnny Clegg - Great Heart - the cars goes quiet and we all listern to the lyrics.......

.................Just a pity about the road works through Nelspruit!

Last edited by Kenty on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]