Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Postberg 2 day trail
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

On Sunday we went to do a hiking trail while on holiday there. On the way still in Langebaan we saw this mole. I.D. please?
We started off at postberg gate. We arrived at about 10:30. It was a beautiful sunny day perfect for walking. Luckily there still were a couple of flowers:
After about a km of walking I picked my foot up and looked just at the right moment next to the road was a puffadder believe me it was a big one. Sorry didn't take a photo just walked on. :lol:
There were quite a couple of antelope as we approached the mountain. About 7 Springbok, 10 Bontebokke and 1 wildebeest:
At the foot of the mountain we came across a dam, but just before that a plant with a worm on it:
The view from the foot of the mountain. This is Konstabelkop about 2 km into the route.
It was quite a steep climb but there was at least enough flora to keep us busy:
At the top were we were about to turn left and then head then was a magnificent view! To the one side this:
And to the other:
This really was an amazing route so far! it was nearing lunchtime and we were almost ready to eat, but you can't eat if there's still 10km to go!! On the other side of the mountain it was just as beautiful!
After having a nice lunch we continued on the road and we were nearing plankiesbaai quickly! Now there was only a grass field and a couple of sanddunes to go now about 1.5km.
At plankiesbaai it was cold and windy but the sea did give some good photos!
The view from the tent as day 1 ended!

Post subject: Re: Postberg 2 day trail
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Great pics of a really beautiful walk. I think your mole is a golden mole also known to the Capies as a "duinemol".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]