Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Addo September 2009: It's Kudutastic!
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:53 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

:whistle:

Haven't been on the forum much lately- work and school have really got in the way. Yep, I'm aware I currently have two unfinished trip reports on the go, so I promise to finish those up before I start writing this new Addo report.

Anyway... Leaving for Addo tomorrow night! My last trip was back in May, and it was completely incredible. I doubt i'll be as lucky this time around, but it'll be wonderful, no matter what happens.

I'm not going alone for a change- will be bringing a girl from work (the cheetah place). The trip almost didn't happen after our third person dropped out :(

So we're leaving tomorrow night, to be in the park at gate opening time on Thursday morning. As usual, i've done no preparation beforehand, so tomorrow will be a scramble to clean the car, pack my bags, pack the car, buy camping food, find yellow ribbon, run general errands, etc...

ADDO!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited by annapangolin on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Addo September 2009: It's Kudutastic!
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

billyf: Thank you!

DANKBAAR: You'll be back really soon!

carolynn: It was definitely very dry...

Caracal: I'm home! Bring on Oct 2!

GavinW: Can't wait to strat reading your TR. I was gone for four days, 3 nights.

Lionspoon: Thank you! TR will indeed be lengthly, but need to finish at least one other first. SAndsquirrel was doing great last time I talked to him. Hope to see him soon.

Spotted cat, RichardJ & Katja Voth: Thank you!

So, I'm home from Addo! Got back at about midnight last night. The trip was perfect. Just perfect. I didn't see many of the super-cool animals I saw on my last Addo trip, but it was incredible! I can't wait to begin writing...

Realy, all I can say is, 'WOW'. You might have read my last KTP report, where something happened within the first few minutes of my trip, which put me in a bad place to start the trip. This time, the exact opposite happened...

As we pulled up to the gate to enter the park for the first time, something happened. We hadn't even got into the park yet, but the trip was MADE :dance: . After this, nothing could possibly go wrong!

What could it be? It could ONLY be a...

(to be continued)

Post subject: Re: Addo September 2009: It's Kudutastic!
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:15 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

It's coming! I'm so sorry i've been gone so much. :redface: I don't have an internet connection right now (well, obviously at this moment, yes, but I don't normally- not since I moved houses last month). So I can't upload any photos or anything.

I promise to get back to working on all these reports...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]