Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Robertson's Late trip report.
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

First of all apolgies for not giving a live feed as i had problem's loging on down in Kruger,

But here goes, better late than never i say.

Arrived at Orpen gate at 12h00 in the afternoon and it was good to see the new gate up and running.

arrived at Tamboti at 12h30 and So and i were very hungry, so we decided to have lunch beore we go for an afternoon drive,

As we set of i was feeling very lucky and as we turn on the H7 i relised i left the camera in the tent, so back we turn to fetch it. Grabbed the camera and double check we had every thing we set of. Turning back onto the H7 about 6k's down the round we saw these 3 ladies, a pitty they were so far into the bush, but never the less we were the first people to see them( that's what count's)

while after sitting there for a while, we decided to move on. Happy as can be and still feeling lucky i took some time to relise how lush and green the bush was.
After driving for a couple of minutes we saw alot of impala, zebra, giraffe and wildebeest with there young one's and the So and i sayed how beautiful it is that a new circle of life is starting up all over again.

16h00 we saw a car that had stopped on a bridge that crossed a dry river bed and as we stopped the lady almost jumped out her car with excitement shouting Leopard and loan and behold a Male leopard walking away from us just our luck. A shot only with the Binoc's unfortunatly)

We sadly turned around and made our way back to Tamboti to relax and start and good old bush braai (Bbq for the over seas friends).

To be continued

Last edited by robertson on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Robertson's Late trip report.
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:04 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

01 December 04h00am And a HAPPY NEW YEAR
We wake up to start our day and pack cooler boxes with food and water, make sure we have everything this time,
Run to brush teeth and pit stop,

we off through the gate at 04h35, Spot light's on search light's looking for the reflection of eyes.

Turn left on the H7 making our way to S39 to have breakfast at Timbavati picnic spot,

Couple of k's go by and we see NOTHING!!!

Rite quick check, good luck under wear (cheack) radio off (cheack) Fiance awake (cheack) window open cheack what's going on.

at this stage i was very fustrated :wall:

We finally reach the S39 and there he was and there he goes,

Excitement after seen the elephant, but still we were on a mission and the mission was spot as many animals as we can before we have to head back.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

As we drive on the S39 and come to the Leeubron water hole we are amazed to see all the grazers in abundance.

These werent grazers but we love looking at the small animals to,

We arrived at Timbavati picnic spot and we pull out the gas burners, pan's to cook up a storm( Eggs, bacon, Mushroom's, Boerewors, roll's, Baked beans and patatoe wedges).

i think the people around us were wanting to come and jon us cause they were all looking wide eyed and saluvating.

Our plan was simple on full stomachs head straight to the S90 then on to the S100

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We arrived on to the S90 and i relised my fiance was fast asleep, great no wonder we have not seen any animals,

but then excitement seeing vultures flying around and came across this,

To be continued Tomorrow

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:53 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

To carry on after much excitement after watching the vultures, we saw lot's and lot's of elephant.

turning right onto the S100, time 13h00 i was hoping for some type of cat, as our every other trip has always produced lion or leopard.
but it was not ment to be this trip, it was the quitest and longist trip we had this time as we saw, little impala, girraffe, water buck and etc.

I said to my fiance let's head back and have a early night as we were driving from Tamboti to Lower Sabie tomorrow, and we agreed.

driving to the H1-4 still on the dirt road we found this little guy,

sorry to the people reading this, as i am jumping from work then trip report, and i'm sorry if it is not exciting!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]