Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nicolemeiring-Kruger must be Paradise-July 2008
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 am 

Hi Guys, I have become so fascinated with all your wonderful tales and stories over the past few weeks. :D Being a Kruger Park enthusiast for as long as I can remember (with 10 visits under the belt - my first visit was when I was about 5 years old :dance: ) I thought I would try my hand at a trip report.

I hope that it is not too boring for you but nothing ventured nothing gained. I also believe that this forum only gets better if we all try and share our view of the Park and in that way keep the excitement alive. :big_eyes:

OK Here goes:

5 July 2008

My husband and I (and a couple friends who were only joining us for the weekend) flew from CT into Jo’berg early so that we could make the long drive to Croc Bridge in time to see our “African Sunset”. As usual we did our little stop in Nelspruit to grab a few essentials (OK 2 cooler bags full of mostly Braai meat and breakfast goodies) If nothing else we were going to pack on a few pounds while visiting our beloved Kruger J

Unfortunately our first 2 nights were outside of the Park so we had to make some day trips in but the rest of the week we could put our heads down on lovely SANPARKS white pillows!

Despite a couple of delays we made it in time to light the fire and watch the sun go down over the Crocodile River.

(I hope they are showing now!)

This is the life: Smell of a fire, African Sun followed by the amazing stars. Not to mention the sounds of the bush. Although we hadn’t seen an animal yet we felt like we were home. Kruger Park has this particular smell about it that screams PARADISE!

So we tucked ourselves in nice and early because tomorrow morning we were going in.....

Last edited by nicolemeiring on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kruger must be Paradise : My Trip Report
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:39 pm 

6 July 2008

Since we were just going in for the day we had to be up at 4.30 am. Not that anybody actually cared because we were all so excited to get in the gate. We entered at Crocodile Bridge (after waiting an hour or so to get in - I felt like a small kid bursting for the toilet! The waiting was killing me!) :D

Finally we are in! I was home. :wink: The sun was not quite up yet and the bush had that wonderful morning freshness about it. After much debate we decided too take the S28 Nhlowa Road and starting looking for ANIMALS! Not that we needed anything other than the sunrise that was on offer. :wink:

Image This little Lilac Breasted Roller sat and watched the sunrise with us and it was ......Amazing! Life had slowed to "Kruger Pace" just the way I like it. And once again we were with the things that really matter.

These 2 little Love Birds were sharing a romantic moment :) (Not really sure if that is what they are, but they look so "in love" so that is what I am calling them!) Image

Of Course we didn't have to wait long before we saw one of my favourite : Rhino . We had heard rumours that the s28 had many to see and we were not disappointed. Image Don't you just love these guys?

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 pm 

After Stopping for a a quick toilet break at Lower Sabie we headed down the H 4-1 . Where we spotted a couple of Zebra and an Impala that stayed quite still while we all snapped his picture!

Not long after that we saw our first Birds of Prey and these guys were really beautiful (even if they were a little far off!)
(Bateleur Pair)

After a calorie packed bacon and egg brunch :thumbs_up: at the ever stunning Nkuhlu we headed down the Nwatimhiri Rd. With Johnny Clegg singing songs about the AFRICAN SKY BLUE we drove merrily towards some waterhole's to stop and have a drink (beer and cider for us - muddy water for the animals) Although this giraffe knew just how to get the cleanest water out of the dam!
The rest of the animals had to suffice with what the Rhino left them! Image

On our way back along the Crocodile River we spotted some Ellies playing in the distance.
What amazing creatures they are. I could have sat there the entire afternoon but we had to get back to our accommodation.

On the drive back we were somewhat pleasantly surprised at the amount of Kudu's that we had seen in the day - this guy was definitely the top of the pops as far as looks went!

Once we were back on the H4-2 and heading towards Croc Bridge we saw a favourite of the group .... Warthog on bended knee!

What a way to end the day and I couldn't believe I still had 7 days left to enjoy!

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:36 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi Nicole :D
I love your sunset and sunrise pictures! Stunning :clap:
Thanks for sharing both report and pictures!

Btw: Your "lovebirds" are, as far as I know, Mousebirds. Correction Grey go-away-birds :redface: (but if you want to call them lovebirds :lol: :lol: )
Regards, Cees 8)

Last edited by Cees on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:26 am 

7 July 2008

Today my hubby and I head off on our own for a week of alone time. The kids are with our parents and we get to just enjoy each others company and recharge our batteries for the year: Being in Kruger is the best way we know how. Since the girls are only 2 and 4 I am still concerned about Malaria - I know mother's paranoia but next year I am bringing them with so that they too can learn what wildlife is all about. :wink:

We decide to take the H 4 -2 up towards Lower Sabie and pretty soon we see something really unusual. Not leopard but a Lion in a tree.
You can't see it in the photo but that is a very tall tree so we were pretty impressed by her climbing "skills"

But that was not all. In the distance (so thanks to the other millions of cars around :) to point them out to us ) we saw some adorable cubs playing and honing their hunting skills :)

It must have been the morning of the babies (which made me miss mine even more :( ) because we saw a delightful little elephant calf taking cover near his mommy.

Our first night was at Lower Sabie so we got to explore the Southern part of Kruger before we checked in. We decided to scout the Lower Sabie Road which always delivers a multitude of animals. Don't you just love the way these graceful creatures make us humans (even in a car) look small?

Giraffes are such awkward looking animals but their dynamics never fail them!

A quick swing by Sunset Dam to see it's regulars.

Hippos:
and of course some lazy Crocs

As I mentioned our first night in Kruger is spent at Lower Sabie which has to be one of my favourite Camps and a regular to all our visits to Kruger however this is our first time in a Tented Hut. The tents are along the river and very comfortable with your ablution facilities inside.

One of the nicest features is that the little kitchen is right near the fire place so Ray and I could go about our various "supper" duties while chatting about the days events.

Lighting the fire at night in Kruger is....... um what is a good expression :hmz: DIS DIE MENEER .

It is the Mr / Man (English just doesn't give you the same effect but you know what I mean!) Basically it is awesome!

That night was really cold but the animal sounds were so amplified that at stages I thought there was a hippo in my bed! (And no it was not just our snoring! )For Atmosphere the Tents get 5 stars from me!

The adventure was living up to everything I imagined. 8)

Last edited by nicolemeiring on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 am 

8 July 2008

Today is "Die Groot Trek" we need to get from Lower Sabie all the way up to Olifants. :roll: Quite the drive but we are confident that we will have a fabulous time. :thumbs_up: As we leave Lower Sabie we spot to Male Lions on the opposite embankment of the Sabie River.

These were the guys we must have heard in the night, adding to our dreams/nightmares of Lion attacks :big_eyes: We also spot this hippo still grazing away from the River in the early morning hours.

Out of the water and near to our little car it is not hard to understand why they are noted as one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. He gave us the steely stare and we were on our way. :whistle:

We were headed towards Tshokwane and there was definately plenty to see.

Sorry if it seems like there are too many photos but my hubby gave me the nick name "Clickett" :cam: this holiday because he bought me a great camera (Canon g9 with teleconversion lens :P ) and I went mad with it in Kruger :)

Please let me know if I should reduce the amount of pictures I put in my trip report. :naughty:

OK where was I. Along the way we spot some lovely Ground hornbills scampering around our car and not long after we see a Kori busted(at least I think it is a kori) .

Our tummies were rumbling by the time we reached Tshokwane but breakfast was definitely worth the wait. Visiting the picnic sites in Kruger are so fundamental to any visit that it is hard to understand that some visitors don't even know that you can do your own breakfast. (I promise you it is true - there are people out there that don't know about this! :slap: ) It is as simple as :

1) Get your gas and "skottle"

2) Slap some oil in the skottle and add bacon, egg or whatever left overs you have.

3) EAT!

What could be better? Eating your breakfast under the African sun with the slight fear that SOMETHING could be watching and hoping you will become it's breakfast :) :twisted: . The story sharing is the best part and if you are lucky you can usually find someone that is willing to tell you where they saw something special and maybe it is still there for you to enjoy :pray:

OK after packing up we were off: onwards and upward towards Olifants along the H1-3 . We must have missed a pride of Lion by a week or so because they were obviously feasting on this guy right next to the road.

What a sight this must have been! Circle of life!

Very nearby (I feel really bad but I have forgotten this Waterhole's name :huh: ) we saw a vulture and Zebra taking a drink together.

We all need to drink but tomorrow he may be eating your stripy rear end Mr Zebbie!

Just before we crossed the Olifants River we came across the long standing Hyena den where the Ngotos Wier Road crosses the H1-4. This time there were some cubs for us to look at.

They are really adorable and had obviously tired mom out!

So cuddly as babies and so scruffy as adults. Many see these guys as only scavangers and cowards yet they can "Psych Out" the mighty lion.

After spending some time here we moved on and crossed the river. Usually there are a few animals to look at in the river bed and this time was no different.

Elephants in the Olifants River. Yes of course!

Old Rivals making checking each other out.

That night the weary but totally satisfied travellers checked into our River View Bungalow at Olifants and enjoyed a relaxing evening looking down on the River.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:44 pm 

9 July 2008

We woke up to the scuttling sounds of something outside... :big_eyes: Of course Monkey's on the hunt. Despite the fact that we turned the fridge they somehow managed to get hold of our cheese! Even my basic CSI knowledge proved that the tiny teeth marks in the plastic feta container were left by a monkey. Primates with expensive taste! :tongue:

After packing up (minus one tub of feta) we were on the road again. Our usual tradition is to head out early and find a spot to watch the sunrise while sipping on hot coffee :lotsocoffee: and dunking an Ouma. ( not my granny but rather a delicious rusk)

Oh what would life be with out coffee! Yeah Baby bring on the caffeine. :lotsocoffee: This morning we are once again spoilt by a stunning sunrise.

The early morning browsers were out in full force enjoying the cool morning with us as we drove along the S93 loop road.

After spending some time on the H8 we were heading back towards Satara, swinging back by our little Hyena friends where we turned down the Timbavati Road. Although we have never really seen anything major along this route we love the scenery and tranquil atmosphere as you drive along the river. We saw some loners like this little steenbok. :)

And these beautiful Zebra's giving each other some TLC.

(sigh...this looked very romantic to a woman getting her first alone time with her hubby in a long time. No kiddies to distract :roll: ) Moving on rapidly...

The hides allow us to enjoy the sounds and smells of the river - outside of the car, so we always stop for a peep and a good old leg stretch! What could we see?

:lol:

Hippos doing what they do best - suntaning!

Not even 5 minutes drive later we came across a herd of ellies making their way down to the river for a drink!

This little baby(still learning to control it's trunk) got the suitable "ooh and ah". Of course we love all God's creatures "great" and "small" and the little tortoise was so small we nearly didn't see him in the road going about his business. :whistle:

When we arrived at Satara for check-in the unit was not ready for us :evil: So after a bit of a debate we thought we would take a little spin down to the S100. Why the debate? :doh:

Well (and I know there are many out there who swear by this road) we have never seen more than antelope on this famous "Cat" Highway! So I thought it would be better to take a little trip down the H7 toward Nsemani (a route that usually gives us something to talk about) Anyway, I digress, Ray was sure that this would be the time that was different. After topping up on some water and snacks at the Satara shop we hit the road. :pray:

Driving along at 1pm on the heat of the day we didn't really expect to see anything but Ray was determined. :| He took every loop down to the river that he could. We drove like a snail. :wink: Finally we went down one little loop that was so difficult to navigate that I thought we might get stuck, :whistle: and it was a damn good thing we didn't, because as we came back out and were ready to turn back onto the road NOT 10m away a female lioness popped out the bush. Closely followed by her male companion!

Image :dance:

Image :dance:

They had obviously been really busy :redface: (doing what male and female lions do when left alone!) and went down to the river for a drink and were now ready for round 2!

What a sighting and we were the only ones there! I was so excited to see them that close and undisturbed by others. AND REALLY GRATEFUL :pray: that we did take this famous S100! She finally gave us some of that s100 magic! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Who says you don't see much at lunch time? :hmz:

Now we were bubbling and took the Satara-Nwanetsi Road back. Along the way we were entertained by a comical giraffe.

This giraffe got himself tangled in a little bush. He seemed to be really stuck when he managed to wiggle himself loose. Good thing the lions weren't near :)

We also managed to spot this Martial Eagle eyeing out things from a tree.

That evening we took a little drive and enjoyed a sundowner at Nsemani Dam.

I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!!!

What a fantastic day and it was not over yet!

On our way back to Satara (cutting it mighty fine with the gate time) we saw two young male lions crossing the road.

It was a bit dark so the photo is not that great. He walked along the road next to the line of cars heading back to make the gate in time. What a way to end the day. :thumbs_up:

Last edited by nicolemeiring on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:30 am 

Thanks for all the compliments. :D

10 July 2008

After such an exciting day we decided to take it very slow and easy today. We took a drive out to Nwanetsi via Gudzani Rd. Along the way we saw Big boy giving himself a nice little scratch on a tree.

I love coming along this route. There is this one tree that I absolutely love and each year I have to take a picture of it. (I know it is really weird to go "tree hunting" but I can't help myself, I love this tree :) This is the tree in 2007 when we came in August

and now this year

After enjoying a relaxing breakfast at Nwanetsi we walked up to the lookout point and watched as some impala came down to the water for a drink. We must have spent about an hour just enjoying the quiet and watching animals with our binocs in the distance. It is definitely one of my top spots in Kruger. :dance: :clap:

As we headed back towards Satara we came across this little guy! :shock:

I am not really to clued up on snakes but this must be a cobra. (which kind I am not sure) but he was quite small and didn't like the attention we were giving him. Even in the car I was making sure that everything was closed and locked!

We came back into camp in the late afternoon and decided to just read our books ( a luxury that parents of young children hardly ever get - unless you are reading "Winnie the Pooh" or something like that !)

Ray catching up on his reading

After lighting our fire and reminisced about when we were kids in Kruger. One of the things that really amaze me is how few people braai in the Park. 15 years ago when you were at your braai in Satara you could see the entire circle of Bungalows with lit fires. It used to be like a literal ring of fire. Now you are lucky if there are two other families braaing at the same time. This makes me wonder what people are eating?!!! :huh: Since the restaurant food isn't that great (it could have improved over the years :hmz: ) and definitely not at memorable. :tongue: Anyway I am just having a bit of nostalgia to the good old days. In any case we will always braai because that is what it is all about for us. Smelling your little chop roasting on the fire along with the sounds and smells of the bush: HEAVEN.

I took this photo from our little veranda. Even though we were not on the perimeter the African Sun always gives you a stunning good night. :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Agree, nice report and pics, and I Also like your tree :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:51 pm 

11 July 2008

This morning we were up and at 'em as the gates opened! So early that most people had to use their strong torches to look into the bushes to find anythingl. :big_eyes: As we drove out of Satara, we were pretty sure we were going to head down the s100. But as we approached the turn off we saw a conglomeration of cars. :hmz: With all the skill imaginable Ray managed to wiggle our little car in to a prime spot to watch 2 male lions lazing next to the road! :D

They were in really good condition and most probably nomads ready to take over a pride. As soon as the sun was out one of them got up and did some spine chilling roaring before he walked across the road and towards the S100.

I tell you just sitting in the car listening to his roars made them one of the best Lion sightings we've had. :lol:

Since he led us back to the S100 :whistle: we headed on down toward N'wanetsi. The first animals that we spotted enroute were a couple of Waterbuck.

With their woollie coats these buck always look like they should rather live in the Rocky Mountains covered with snow than in Africa :)
This one really didn't mind posing for a photo and stood staring at us for a long time.

Not much later we saw this hyena munching on it's own vomit. :doh: Proberbly had to rush down it's meal and now had the chance to actually eat it! :roll:

(I was pretty glad that we hadn't eaten yet!)

Next was a stunning kori bustard.

We seemed to be seeing allot more of these birds on this trip :hmz:

After a coffee break :lotsocoffee: we headed back towards Satara and hopped on the H7.(My favourite road of all!) :wink: Our accommodation for the night was at Talamati Rest Camp and we wanted one last look at Nsemani before heading down.

It is always special to witness a giraffe having a drink and this was no different.

After detour to Orpen to put in some petrol we came back and headed to the original hut at Rabelais gate. If you are ever in this area do yourself a favour and go and read all about Rabelais as the original farm in that area. The old ranger's hut has been maintained as a small museum. Fascinating stuff. :clap: :clap:

We take the S36 down to Muzandzeni where we stop to make lunch. With our bellies full we head to Talamati. This will be our third visit to the small bushveld camp and although the road is in really bad shape :evil: it is totally worth it. We really enjoy the quiet atmosphere plus the hide overlooking the waterhole is fantastic. :thumbs_up: Not to mention we have seen roan and lion in this area on every occasion we have been here.

Just before we get to camp we come across a herd of elephant drinking at the Modzweni water hole. One young bull was not really happy to let us pass.

Angry youngster!

After a couple of mock charges we nipped through and managed to check in at camp round about 15h00.

While I made some coffee :lotsocoffee: (as you can tell I am slightly addicted!) Ray fooled around with camera taking pictures of the little guys we take for granted in the park.

A squirrel running a a tree.

A Crested Barbet picking off the braai!

And the ever present hornbill.
This one kept flying into our sliding door trying to get to anything we might have left on the counter to eat!
:whistle:

At about 16h00 we decided to take a quick drive out of camp. What followed was one of the most exciting evenings I have had in Kruger......
:popcorn: (Will be back to finish the day ASAP!)

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:33 pm 

Ok sorry about the delay and thank you for your patience :D but I am back and ready to tell you what happened next! :shock:

Where was I .... oh yes we were going on a little sundowner drive. We grabbed a couple beers and hopped into our Nissan Tida. Started the car and drove literally 40m out of the camp. Right there we spotted a lioness in the bush. I was astounded! :big_eyes:

There she was lying within 100m from where I would be sleeping tonight (we were in unit 1) :hmz:

She definitely meant business and even though we were pretty sure she was watching the Zebra at the Waterhole it felt eerily like she was stalking us!

Potential Prey. :sniper:

Upon close inspection we notice two more females lying in wait :P . What was quite interesting were that her eyes were different colours.

Then they went into hunt mode

and us and the 2 other vehicles that were there, were ready to roll! It was fantastic.

Just as they were getting ready to go for it a herd of Ellies chased them off (the way only the true king of the jungle can!) :twisted: Convinced that we had missed a chance to see a kill we got ready to drive the 30m back into the gate. But since we had 10 minutes to kill before the gate closed we decided to watch the zebras in the distance. :whistle:

Barely 5 minutes later our girls were back and ready to take down something! :pray: :pray:

As the light was fading my photos were not that great (sorry!)All thoughts of a fine for getting into camp late evaporated and we were ready for the action. They crossed the road right in front of us and went to hide behind some bushes.

Then they were up! :shock: 3 Zebras were isolated from the group right by the waterhole. Could this be it? Would I see my first kill? :roll: :roll:

It was a near thing...After a short chase (where the Zebra showed great off the mark pace!) :slap: our girls missed out. My heart was racing with excitement :thumbs_up: as we drove the 30m or so to get into the camp gates and spent the rest of the evening at the hide watching the lions trying to catch something but by then the game was up! :wink:

I have uploaded my VERY bumpy video, I hope You can see it!
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=ZZstpoJuhnd%2FcwPWz4Z5Dw%3D%3D

Of course what made it even more scary was that the water hole where the lions were drinking from was right by the hide and the gate into Talamati. I kept checking behind me to check that one of them lionesses hadn't snuck in :tongue: . The gate was not closed until much later and they were hiding in the bushes right in front of us waiting for something to become dinner while I was just hoping it wasn’t me! :dance: :dance:

Anyway, eventually they moved off in search of something better but for us it will always be a night to remember!

That night I fell asleep dreaming of what could have been and wondering how on earth tomorrow could top the experience of today!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 pm 
Nice, Nicole! :D

At first glance the lioness would seem to be blind in one eye, which often happens after an injury... :?

However, I am not so sure!

Never seen that before, maybe you should put it up on the "lion" thread... :wink:

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am 

12 July 2008

After the amazing events of the previous night it was hard to imagine that today would be able to be as exciting. Yet as usual Kruger had a day full of it's own excitements planned.

We had to be in Skukuza by 09h35 so as not to miss kick off. Yip, this was the Dunedin Test match between the Springboks and All Blacks. Now as you can tell visiting Kruger is one of my great passions, if not my greatest and supporting SA rugby is the other. Being able to watch South Africa kick NZ butt in the Kruger ... PRICELESS!! :thumbs_up: I will get back to that shortly. There is first the matter of a Cheetah to deal with :wink:

In all the previous visits I have had to the Park I had only seen Cheetah twice before, so this was a real treat. We were driving along the S36 when we saw something far ahead lying in the road.

At first I definitely thought I was imagining things but as we crawled closer we realised that this was it, A CHEETAH!!! Yippee!!! the illusive one was just lying there for our eyes only. 8)

What an amazing feeling. Then he got up and headed into the bushes with a glance over his shoulder as if to say :"Have a good look because I don't just do this for anyone." :D

I could hardly believe my eyes or our luck . This trip was surely one of my best ever.

Not long after spotting the spotted one we came across some more Ellies

(who are always a pleasure to see) :lol:

But now it was a slight race to see buck of a different kind. SPRINGBOK'S. :hmz:

What can I say I have watched a couple of great games in my life but this was the best (except winning the world Cup x 2 of course!) :big_eyes: The great thing about watching in Skukuza is being in the train/pub. Of course you are united with strangers sharing a common goal....Springbok glory. :P The hunt for that illusive first victory at the"House of Pain". The game was a nailbiter and when Victor Matfield got sent off with 5 minutes remaining and SA trailing all hope was almost gone. But that magical chip by Ricky January destined to bounce back into his arms and then the dive over the tryline etching the team into SA history. Whoopie that's what I'm talking about. :sniper:

The dedicated fans of Kruger almost tipped the train over in our excitement. What day! (as you can see the passion runs deep!) :tongue:

So with our heart VERY merry we got back on the road again, both of us feeling that this week would never be forgotten! Heading out along the H4-1 along the Sabie River was more than amazing. We managed to see some more Lion

just relaxing behind some bushes and a fleeting glimpse of a leopard (to fast for a photo and way to crowded) In fact because of this I realised that it is just not a great idea to be in the Southern part of the Park on a weekend. :hmz: So many day visitors are in that area that seeing anything becomes a challenge. :huh: Plus you feel like you are in Monday morning traffic.

As we were crossing the Nwatimhiri bridge we saw a lovely Klipspringer enjoying his view!

A very fitting ending would be our night back at Lower Sabie. After a quick check in and making sure we were in our favourite bungalow right on the perimeter near the Shop.

We off loaded our bags we went for one last sunset drive. Tonight would be our last night in the park and we wanted to squeeze every last minute out of it!

A drive up the H10 should do the trick. Driving out we hit the sun (almost setting) and took this photo

hoping that by the time we came back we would get the sun just as it was going down. Our perseverance was rewarded with a first time ever spotting of one of the rarer spotted cat varieties: A serval!

This little guy was born for the camera. He stuck with us for about 20 minutes and even allowed us to pass him so that we could get footage of him walking towards us!

If you want, you can check it out at :

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=ZlJ3f3%2FSaE%2F2UvPtE6HFUA%3D%3D

He was trying to get to some birds including this Burchell's coucal.

This was certainly a day, night and trip to remember. Of course Kruger always saves a spectacular sunset to say :" goodbye and hope you return again soon". And I will!

My trip for June next year is already booked and I can't wait to show my little girls all that this amazing game park has to offer.

Sunset over the Sabie River! ( see you again soon my Love)

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:44 am 

Sadly this was our last night in the Park. The Sunday morning we had to leave early to make it back to Jo'berg and catch our flight back home. :doh: But I will never forget this trip. :dance: :dance: It was one of the best (but hey they are all fantastic) Even if you go and only see a humble Impala - the Journey is what it is all about. :dance:

Thanks to everybody for all your encouraging remarks and positive imput. I will definitely be posting my next trip as soon as we have been! :popcorn:

I look forward to reading everybody else's in the mean time!

So until then "Clicket" is signing out :cam:

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Nicole!
I wonder :hmz: if it was the same Serval I saw on one of my previous trips!! It surely looks like him!! What time of the day was it?

Ours were close to the Mlondozi turn off. 12:00! In the middle of the day at the end of June (Sorry cannot remember the day anymore! :redface: ) Here is a link to what we saw!! It definately was my sighting of a lifetime!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23335
or
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBtccQE04o

Thanks for sharing! I love ALL your spotted ones and the lion video!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The bush still seems to surprise me every time! :big_eyes:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]