Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Going to Kruger again
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:23 pm 

Im new on the forum first time im posting. Just want to let you know i'm of to kruger on friday morning. Will enter at orpen, we stay in polokwane and be at satara on friday evening. On saterday we will be at talamati. This is my 6th trip to kruger this year. Will post pictures as soon as i'm back. :D

Post subject: Re: Going to Kruger again
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 am 

Thanks you guys. I owe my love to the park to my friend lize. She took me there 5 years ago for the first time and now I'm hook. We made a pack that we don't go to kruger without each uther. Our husband 's let us go as many times as we want. Think this is the last trip for this year. We are already booked for next year april at pretorius kop. We do hope to see wilddogs this trip. Never seen them. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 pm 

I just want to ask a question. Why doesn't the park remove the badly damaged fens or whats left of it between the timbivati and the park at orpen. It looks really bad and can just think of how many animals gets hurt with it. Does any body know why? :cry:

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 am 

Hope someone can help us with the answer. We sometimes take our husbands with but only ones a year. They are more into the hunting thing and we don't like it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 am 

TRIP TO KRUGER 17-19 SEPTEMBER 2008

We could hardly sleep on the night of the 16th! Our clocks were set for 02:30! We entered the Park at Orpen Gate just after 6 O’Clock ! We saw a White Rhino with a calf about 5km from Orpen Gate! We saw a lot of Ellies, Giraffe, Kudu, Buffalo, Impala and Waterbuck! Our first night we slept at Satara (one of favorite camps) ! We arrived at Satara about 12:00! We booked in and settled in! At about 02:30 we “hit” the road again for a afternoon drive! We took the S90, turn on the S41, and then the S100! We had great sighting for the day, but no Lions yet! I got worried because the afternoon drive was almost on its end! Lize told me not to worry, that we will not end the day with out seeing our Lions for the day! About 1km after we turned on the S100 (with Lize words still in my head) we saw two cars standing still in the road! I told Lize that it must be our Lions, and it was them ( believe it our not)! We saw White Rhino 4 times for the day! We drove the rest of the S100 with “happy hearts”!

And so there were they 3 lionesses and 1 very young male lion just laying around. We sat there for about 30 min and left. And just our luck as we missed the leopard running over the road about 10 km from there. We were happy with our sightings for the first day and went back to camp with happy smiles just before closing time.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:19 am 

DAY 2
Started off at 6 o’clock the next morning. Decided to try our luck again on the S100. And luck was on our side again. We saw a lot of zebra, impala and genu. Then all of a sudden Lize told me to look ahead in the road and there he was “ King of the beast” and so beautiful. He was stalking another male lion and as we looked to the right side of the road another one appeared out of nowhere. We were in the clouds. They started calling each other and then they were gone. Great way to start the day. A few km from there we found our pride of 4 lions from the previous day again. We turned towards nwanetsi picnic site from there and saw nothing but just enjoyed the drive.

After stretching our legs we were of towards Thokwane. A guy stopped us and told us there were a pride of lions on the roads towards Satara and our luck again. They were luying near the bridge about 5 km from Satara. It was 2 lionesses and 4 cubs of round about 4 months. We were smiling all the way. So we turned around towards Thokwane . Round about 1 km from the sweni turn off I spotted something in the grass that was not ment to be there. I stopped and told every one it was a cheetah. It was about 150 meter in the tall grass. Lize took her binoculars and look and to our shock and luck it was a male leopard. ( Pictures are so good as it was very far away). On the way to Thokwane we saw lots of ellies,kudu,impala,warthogs. We really can’t complain. Had a great brunch. As Lize took our glasses to wash she walked almost right into a “boomslang’’ hanging from the tree. She kicked of her flops and started running. We had such a laugh. Off we were again. We took the second off turn toward Talamati just after mazitsi dam. We stoped at a dam and thw impalas came to have a drink. But something was wrong I told Lize. I started looking around and there under the tree was a lioness. We think she might have cubs as she was alone and very peaceful.

What a day. We checked in at talamati around 5:30 pm. All smiles.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:20 am 

DAY3
So our last day started. We were of around 6:10 am from talamati. As we turned off toward mudunzini picnic spot we came across 12 young sable. First time I saw them in the park. And so our trip came to an end. Very sad.

Picture of leopard if you can spot it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]