Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Harrys and family in Kruger (Sept 07)
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:06 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi all. :dance:
I am going to try and give you a trip report off our trip in KNP from 24th to the 30th of Sept 07. I dont have a lot off photos as we captured most off our trip on video. :redface:

We left Boksburg on the 21st and stayed at Safubi lodge in Nelspruit,on the 22nd we left for Swadini and stayed 2 nights.
On the 24th we left for Phalaborwa gate,we arrived at 07:30 and booked in(very good service).About 10kms from the gate we saw our first Kudu bull,a while later we saw a ellie for about 20 kms we saw nothing then we saw 2 vultures in a tree.
From then on we saw 2 herds off buffalo,2 klipspringers and lots of impala. We booked in at Letaba camp and parked the caravan and got settled. We went on a afternoon drive and saw more ellies and some hippo.That night we saw our first hayena,it was patroling the fence,maybe hoping for some scraps.Quite a good 1st day.will post some pictures later.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi,at last I can post some pictures

Vultures

more to follow,just busy working.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:44 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hereis one more pic off the bird life in Letaba camp,there was some bushbuck and squirels.

On the 25th and 26th we had quiet days and didnt see much, :? we went on a night drive and saw hippo,nyala,buffalo,ellies,rabbits,impala,serval,owl and hayena.
We decided to take a trip to Satara the next day. :clap:

27 Sept:We were at the gate at 06:50 ready to see a lot of animals. :wink: Just past Olifants camp we saw a pride off LIONS and cubs, :D we spend about an hour filming them and then left,at the bridge over the Olifants river we saw crocodiles,waterbuck,hippos and ellies.we left after an hour,on our way to Satara we saw girafes,blue wildebeest,reedbuck,buffalo,ellies and warthogs(acording to my father in law the only animal with class).At Satara we got some coldrinks had lunch and headed back for Letaba.
On the way back we saw 2 more LIONS one with a necklace(tracking device).Then came my mother in laws best moment when we saw a hayena taking a bath in one off the water holes,to her it was something special.Back at the camp my brother inLaw told us that they saw LIONS with a kill only 15 minutes away,so off we went,what a sight,8 lions 2black back jacal and lots off vultures,one falling out off a tree and causing some humor. That night we saw our hayena again. :clap:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:32 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Goodmorning
Here is one more pic,can someone tell me if this is one off the tuskers we saw it about 1.5 km from Letaba gate.
More to follow

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:34 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

28 Sept:This day was overcast and cold,my daughter and I went for a drive,we went back to the lion kill the lions where gone but there where hyenas and black back jackal and offcourse vultures. for the rest off the day we took a break from driving and started packing up as we where leaving early the next morning.
29 Sept:We left at 6 for Crocodile bridge where we would exit KNP.On the way we saw crocs and hippos and some waterbuck at theOlifants river,it was raining very softly so there wasnt a lot to see. Between Satara and Tsokwane the feld has burned and the there was also no animals,at Tsokwane we took a break and had a brunch,here we saw some ellies/monkeys and hornbills,one tried to steel my daughters food.
We left 45 minutes later and saw some impala,buffalo,girrafe,wildebeest,warthogs,lots off birds and ellies.We passed Lower Sabie and 2kms from the camp we saw 2 LIONS walking in the river bed. About half way between Lower Sabie and Croc bridge we where told of 3 cheetahs,we snail crawled on the gravel road and 4kms away we saw them,all lieing under a tree hiding from the rain.Not far from there we saw our first rhinos,a mother and calf.We saw more buffalo,birds,impala,ellies and zebras.We arrived at Croc bridge at 14:25 and left for Safubi lodge in Nelspruit.
We had a great time Ihope everybody enjoyed our trip as much as we did,sory for the lack off photos.We are going to KNP in March/April 2008,I will make sure to take much more photos to share with every-one.
Will post one or two photos later.
Hope to see you next year will have my yellow ribbon.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:51 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Here is some more pics

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:38 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Harrys, I cannot comment on your tusker. If it is not one of the recognised tuskers, it certainly looks promising as an emerging tusker.

Thank you for your other pictures. Your buffalo is making me very homesick for the park. There is something about the way you have captured the colours.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]