Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: My Recent Trip - Aug 2007
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 am 

Greetings all

Just returned from 5 days and nights in Kruger - my first time up there! Was lucky enough to spot the big 5 as well as two sightings of leopard and one of wild dog. Also saw an african civet as well as ground hornbill and saddle-billed stork!

An amazing experience - can't wait to go back. Took some killer photos including of the wild dog as it trotted down the road right past my car on the road between Lower Sabie and Skukuza. Unfortunately, my pics of the leopards didn't come out well - the one was in the thicket off the road lying down so hard to capture, while the other ran right behind my car just outside Lower Sabie camp so could only point and shoot so only just captured it on camera! The irony is that I had twenty minutes to kill just prior to my night drive so drove to Sunset dam and had a look and then drove back past the camp +-200 metres and lo and behold there it was! If I hadn't made that detour I would never have seen it!

Just thought I'd let you all know...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]