Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 9 nights of Kruger bliss
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:06 pm 

Greetings to fellow forum members. I have just joined the forum after many years of browsing it almost daily.

As I have just returned from a nine night stay in the kruger, I thought that it is about time I join the forum and share my thrilling experiences with all of you.

Please give me some time to put together my trip report.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:40 pm 

Hi-members, as I can see that you are all anxiously awaiting my report, I shall begin from day of departure. 20 june 2007-thursday. Left the city of johannesburg at 10.30 a.m. And arrived at malelane gate at 15.30 p.m.,with a brief stop in malelane for some last minute goodies. It has been a ritual for the entire family, to take a deep breath upon entering the park, so that the clean fresh air fills the lungs for days to come. First night were booked at biyamiti bushveld camp. Enjoyed a lovely afternoon drive along the crocodile river, heading towards the camp. Seen many antelopes, ellies and a white rhino. Arrived at camp at just on 5.05 p.m. Was very
impressed with the camp, as it was my first stay here.the camp is very peaceful and a must for any kruger lover. However the camp has no shop, so ensure you have all supplies on hand. Having come from a long journey, we retired rather early to bed, however I must confess I heard many a night sounds, including lion. Restless and cannot wait to start my actual trip. Will come back with day two.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm 

hi,everyone,as i am getting time, trying to fill you all in on my trip.day two,friday 22 june 2007. today we are leaving for skukuza for a 8 night stay.woke up early and wanting to leave the gate by the schedule 6.00 a.m.was expecting some cars at the gate,which i am use to at the larger camps,but to my surprise the gate was closed,and you have to physically open the gate and close it by yourself,closing the gate was quite scary,as you dont know what is lurking out there in the dark.proceeded towards the weir hoping to sight the resident leopard,but to no avail.first sighting for the day was a brown snake eagle,followed by many antelopes.
at the weir got to see a roan antelope,which is very rare.took
a slight detour towards afsaal picnic spot,as we were planned to have breakfast their.the kids were reluctant to have breakfast at afsaal,after a leopard entered the spot during december of 2006.
after a hearty bush breakfast proceeded towards skukuza via the h-3.had a good sighting for a rhino standing inside of the renoster dam,together with zebras and warthogs.
did not proceed direct to skukuza,but went for a short drive along the sabie river h4-1. got to see ground hornbill and a huge herd of buffaloes.many bird species as well,like vultures herons etc.reached skukuza at 1.30 p.m. and checked in for our entire stay.
late afternoon took a drive on the s-1 doispane rd, as we were told that lions have been sighted,in anticipation took the short gravel road that links up to the p.kruger gate,and to our utmost surprise and joy,we had this leopard that crossed right in front of the vehicle.as elusive as they are, it just walked on without a single stutter.we waited a while hoping to get another glimpse,but in vain.
as it was now getting late we headed back for camp. will come back to you with more later

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]