Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Adrenaline overload - pics
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:12 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi all I'll attempt a short version of one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

This is the event as it unfolded on the dirt road (S25) between Crocodile Bridge and Berg-en-Dal ...

We spotted this Male lazing in the morning sun - but it was so crowded with vehicles and everyone was so awestruck that we could not get closer to watch them properly.

We decided to move on and I spotted this one - looked so cute and cuddly -

The cub then got up and crossed to the other side of the road
where it joined another cub and an older female that we haven't even noticed until that time.
Then we spotted two Impala females approaching quite casually and we commented on if only they knew what we know.... They promply cut into the brush and headed straight for these lions. These are the pics we captured during the chaos that followed.....
The first impala jumped right over the lions that seemed to be sleeping- but the second got grabbed right out of the air
Here the lion is cutting of the impala's air while the other impala is just standing a few feet away calling frantically.
Only the younger lions ate and it looked like the older female took them out for their first kill
After 20 minutes there was no evidence of this magnificent event we witnessed....

Last edited by Zippy Zebra on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]