Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Agraham KNP trip reports
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 am 

on thursday morning we decided to go to the KNP. i phoned Pretoria headoffice and was immediately told the Park was full, without checking. as i was on the availability site, i ask the lady if she checked as there was a space available at Berg n dal and Satara and was told the Park is full. i phoned Jhb Satelite and got the place in Satara kamp
we entered at Phambeni and saw the usual game elephant whiterhino,impala,zebra kudu,wildebees,and...on a dirt road leopard in the road, we followed it for 500m before it went off the road. during the afternoon we went on the S100 and saw lion-4 . there was not a lot of game around on the s100 but we saw Black rhino near Gudzane, which was worth it.

Post subject: trip 20/4-22/4
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:06 pm 

i took my grandchild to the park this weekend and was fortunate to show her the big five on friday. We entered at Phambeni where we saw hyena,leopard and the other normal game kudu,impala,zebra ect
on a dirt road to afsaal we saw lion, white Rhino and buff, and just above Lower Sabie two Black Rhino. on the night drive from Crocodile bridge we saw quite a few of the small cats,lion.leopard.
then on Saturday we went tiger fishing on a dam at Crocodile bridge where we caught 3 tigers. i have bought me a fz7 panasonic on monday to take photo,s from now. i have a video camera that cant take still photo's
planning to visit during may to take photos
:redface:

Post subject: trip report 29/04/07
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:44 am 

saw 3 huge Sable with 2 small ones, 3 lichtenstein hartbees,usual game: kudu ,impala, zebra,duiker,steenbok,gnu,phumba,elephant,hippo,croc,jackal,mongoose,rhino White,waterbuck,giraffe,bushbuck,bushbaby and just started with a new hobby:-birds, bought a fz7 and laptop just for this, tried the camera- not bad but have 42birds to identify now
planning a trip this week-end 4-6 may to get more birds although this might not be the best season to start this

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]