Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: LizB's Favourite Kruger Moment. KNP, Jan. '07
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:52 pm 

Hi! :D

I was curious about everyones favourite moments in the Kruger Park! I remember one particular moment that I'm sure I will never forget!

This was quite a few years back. We were driving on the gravel road between Satara and Nwanetsi picnic spot. The sun didn't even say hello properly, when we came accross 2 lions right next to the road . . . but that wasn't the moment! :wink: Driving a bit further we came accross 2 cheetahs, walking right past us in the road! Was amazing!!! . . . But the moment that I won't forget . . . a bit further there was a river bed on the left, very lush. We spotted a leopard approximately 60m in the bush. He was standing frozen, just his white tip of his tail was clearly visible! We then realized that he was after a bushbuck! It was a few seconds that he stood there and then the next moment jumped away chasing the antelope . . . and he was gone . . . how dissapointing I thought, such action and I can't see anything! I was looking left and right to see if I can't get a peek at the chase! But right then the bushbuck came running from the river bed, into the road and straight at us! He just just ducked the car and went of in the bushes! The leopard followed short on the antelope's heels, but stopped in the road when he saw our car. He stood there staring at us for a while then took a jog right past our car! Phew!!! Was fantastic!!! :D Although that it felt that we cost the young leopard his breakfast! :P

I won't forget that moment!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:54 pm 

Wow, LizB, that does certainly sound like a very special moment for you.
But without sounding blase I really do not think I can single out any one incident that was my absolute favourite, we have had many very special sightings, none more so than during our most recent visit sitting at the fence at Rudy Frankel Cottage in Satara in the dark watching a male Lion drinking not 20 metres from us. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:50 am 

Sjoe Elsa! :D

That sounds great!!! Yeah, I know you can't really single out the great moments! Too many things happen in the park, you can always be sure that you will be seeing something that you never saw before!

We had an elephant chasing us one time as well!!! :shock: And we were'nt even close to him! It was a bull standing next to the road. We watch him a few moments and then wanted to drive on . . . yeah well, he didn't want any car to pass!! He started flopping his ears and making that trumpeting sound and then came running right at us . . . I have never seen my mom put a car in reverse that fast! :) We had to stand there and wait a while! Kind of the jungle hey! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]