Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: LizB's Trip Report
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:47 pm 

Hi Lisa! :D

This is my very first message!! :D

I was just reading your message on your first day in the Kruger in December. I was thinking that it was highly possibly that we walked right past each other there in Lower Sabie! :D

We visited Komatipoort that weekend. And went into the Kruger on the 31st December. Just for the day. We entered at Malelane gate and took the gravel road towards Crocodile bridge. Turning north after a while towards Lower Sabie. We had a great lunch there and watched the buffalo on the other side of the river. Some of them were very lazy and were just laying there in the water. It was cold that day! It was raining the whole time, which was a great relief due to the extreme hot weather! That day we exited at Malelane again, but it was a fantastic day! We saw 4 of the big 5! Near to Sabie we came accross 2 male lions and one female, driving a bit further another female was laying underneath a bush. She starting roaring, but not that loud, you could bearly hear her, but she was calling the male . . . and soon he arrived! It was a fantastic site!!!

We saw about 5 rhinos on separate occassions. The one was right next to the road! HUGE!! And with the rain that was falling the whole day, he was very dark and looked extremely clean! Very beautiful between the green grass.

The funny thing was that we saw all these amazing animals up close and personal and we could not find one giraffe!!! :) But about 5 of them said good bye to us just as we were leaving the park!

I hope you had a fantastic stay. Its my favourite place!!! What torture it was to just go for one day! But in August we are going for 2 weeks! I can't wait!!! :P

I'm also waiting for my pictures and will share it with you guys as soon as possible!

Take care!
Elizabeth

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]