Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Micknick @ Croc Bridge : Nov 2006
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 pm 

Hey everybody,

Its been a while since I have chatted to any of you, and I promises to tell you all about how my little week-end away was!

We arrived at Kruger on Friday the 3rd of Nov, and let me tell you it was blazing!!!! :D

I had heard wonderful things about the area around croc bridge, but was a bit sceptical as I had never been so far south. Well let me tell you all that all the wonderful things I heard were true!!!! :D

I have never in my life seen as much game as I saw on that week-end. From never ending herds of Buffalo, to 42 giraffe in one herd, we were truly blessed. On Saturday afternoon we decided to go for a drive and low and behold we cam across what looked like an adolescent Mozambican spitting cobra crossing the road.This is a sight that I have never seen and was very very excited. A little further down the road we had the privilege of seeing a tortoise cross the road as well. I know that these encounters might seem silly but I have always believed that its the little things that count.

Our prime spot of the week-end,was to be graced by spotting 9 white rhino in the space of about 5min, all in different places. On returning to camp we were greeted by the friendly faces of a family of warthogs who had taken to grazing in the camp.

I could go on forever, but to tell the truth I don't think that would be enough. The abundance of game that we came across,including the biggest herd of male elephants with tusks big enough to rival that of the magnificent seven, just made it all worth while.

To the staff at croc bridge, my friends and I would like to thank you very much for your hospitality,professionalism and friendliness. We found the common ablution blocks to be SPOTLESS, the cleaning staff friendly and the camp in a beautiful condition.You guys really made our stay in your camp wonderful and have now convinced me that there is no better camp in the park.

So from the city slicking boys who came to tame the wild, we would like to thank everyone for all their hard work at the park and making it an unforgettable experience.

We were true blessed and treated to the most wonderful gift on Friday night at about 2am, when 2 hyena(probably residence to the camp) were howling and this was met by the majestic roar of the king of beasts.This truly is heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]