Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Zebra's Kruger visit : October 2006
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:25 pm 

Hello friends!

Please forgive English, I still learn. :wink:

Jumbo and me we visited Kruger on 12/10/06. We went in at Crocodile Bridge about 12:00h.
We start our visit at Kruger on H4-2. First we saw Kudu. After this we saw elephants, blue wildebeest and giraffe.
We also saw African Openbill (Openbilled Stork) on H4-2 at Gezantfombi. First time to see that bird in my life. :D

On the S130 we saw rhinos and we took a few minutes to look.
After that we saw giraffe and baby. The baby it was very small. We then saw my name Zebra I was very happy because a long time never see. :dance:
Also we saw a Martial eagle (juvenile)

On H4-2 where the road gets to the river we saw the fish eagle that is always in the same tree.

This time there was also another one on other side of the road. Jumbo she took some photos

After that, we saw hippopotamus and more then hundred buffalos, we say that was surprise for us to see so many together. :shock:

We arrive at Lower Sabie about 4 pm
Our tent was number 20. We had very nice view of river

In the river we saw hippopotamus and they sang for us.

We also saw a special bird in front of our tent. White-fronted bee-eater he was very happy for us. :D

We saw special thing: a fisher eagle that caught fish, which was very wonderful. Jumbo also say it was first time to see that

Jumbo she buys my champagne to celebrate my examination. She also buys me other bottle champagne that is special present for Zebra. :dance:

The champagne was very nice and I was very happy to see bush again.
Jumbo she makes braai but she do alone because I was drinking champagne :lol:

We went bed very early. In the night a hyena came on to the deck.
Jumbo and me was asleep. She got big fright, she speaks Afrikaans and she calls liefie put on the lamp. :shock: I wake up and say I am not liefie, I’m Zebra. :shock: :lol:

We wake up at 5 am and Jumbo she make coffee for us because I still had champagne in my head. We then start to laugh about Jumbo and her liefie. :lol:

We left the camp at five thirty and the first thing we saw was an African Spoonbill at Sunset Dam.

Here we also saw Giant Kingfisher, hippopotamus and Crocodile.

On H4-1 we saw two hyenas and warthog.

On the S-21 we saw again two rhinos as well as steenbok, Ground Hornbills and Kudu. Jumbo she takes photos of dwarf mongooses and a water monitor lizard.

That time was time to baby animals
We saw a very small baby elephant and lots off baby giraffes. :littleangel:

At Renosterkoppies we saw klipspringers. It was first time for me to see that animal 8)

S26 we again saw rhino. On this road we also had special sighting of a group of bees in a tree.

At Bume River we saw buffalos. On H4-2 we again saw rhinos.

We left Kruger at Crocodile Bridge. I hope to see Kruger again soon. I still want to see leopard :roll:

Post subject: Re: Zebra's Kruger visit: 12 - 13 October
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:05 pm 
Zebra wrote:
We went bed very early. In the night a hyena came on to the deck.
Jumbo and me was asleep. She got big fright, she speaks Afrikaans and she calls liefie put on the lamp. :shock: I wake up and say I am not liefie, I’m Zebra. :shock: :lol:

I was very tempted to apply censorship on this piece, but with freedom of expression in mind, I suppose I will rather have to explain than change this carefully thought out report. :roll:
I definitely do not make a habit out of it call other ladies “liefie” {darling} in the middle of the night. That is normally reserved for my husband, and this is where the problem came in. :?

Firstly, my bed was right next to the side of the tent that is against the deck. So in the middle of the night I wake up with this huge racket that sounded like it was inside the tent, right next to my bed. All that was in my mind was that it was a massive snake that came to get me! :shock: Too scared to put my hand out to look for the light switch, I called out for my husband (liefie) to switch on the light and I did that in Afrikaans No, response :roll: ….ok, shout louder with more emphasise on the “liefie” part. :twisted: Eventually I get this little voice out of the darkness proclaiming in Portuguese…”Não liefie, isto Zebra” {Not liefie, this is Zebra}..…OEPS!! :shock: :shock:
OK, so liefie Zebra puts on the light and we start to search the whole of the tent…underneath the beds, everywhere….nothing. Ok so now I feel even more stupid! :redface:

Luckly, a few minutes after we switched off the light again, the creature return and being more awake now we realized it was on the deck. I could not see what it was…was on and of the deck quite fast. I however presume it was a hyena because it sounded quite big and it took the big rubbish bag with it. The next morning all the dustbins at the back of our unit was also raided.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]