Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aat in KNP : Feb 2006
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Hello,
Aat and Elly Vuik (the netherlands) have been visited the KNP in february 2006. We stayed for 3 weeks travelling through the KNP south-north and east - west , visiting almost all sites within the KNP.

I posted many pictures (about 60) on my own website, (see my profile or down to this report) of our encounters with Leopard, Wilddogs, Lion, Hyena, Rhino (black & white) Elephant, Buffalo etc etc etc.
We have been very lucky to see all these animals and like to share this with you.
Some samples:
1 wide angle: Elephant between Berg and Dal and Skukuza

2 Lion near Satara

3 Black Rhino between Mopani - Shingwedzi

4 Leopard between Lower Sabie and Skukuza

5 Buffalo near Mopani

6 Wilddog.... pregnant just ouitside Lower Sabie

7 Wilddog near Berg & Dal

On request I added a special about Wilddogs to my website.

We have had days we saw leopard, lions, elephant, buffalo and rhino on one day , we have had a days we saw about hundreds of buffalo and elephant, big hurdes.
One time we were really suddenly in the middle of a large group of buffalo near Mopani.

We stayed in Lower Sabie / Pretoriuskop / Satara / Shingwedzi / Mopani / Letaba / Punda Maria and Berg and Dal. Many of our encounters with Lion and Wilddogs were in the area of Lower Sabie - Skukuza - Crocodile Bridge, many Lions also near Satara.

In the north we have seen many birds and less bigger species.
Around Satara we have seen a giraffe killed by a group of lions and were part of a eating session with 16 lions around us.

We like the KNP very much, very friendly people on the sites we were and the accomodation was wonderfull.

Next year february we will be again in the KNP being in a nice environment between nature and animals.

In case people are interested in more pics of specific species please ask, I,ve got over 1000 pictures.

Hope you anjoyed our report... and enjoy our pictures

Last edited by Aat on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:02 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

This is one of my favourites. We dont see many wide shots and this is a beautifull combination of natute and animals.

There are some truly outstanding shots.
The wilddogs are a birthday present specially for MC

My own favourite, it is so cute

I hope it is permissable to post these shots, but otherwise some forumites may miss it.

Welcome to the forum Aat. Hope to see many more reports any many pics. They are all ourstanding!
HoepHoep

My latest trip report to Addo during June 2009:
http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34300

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]