SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Crocodile Bridge Sightings
Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Nicolette wrote:
We stayed in Croc Bridge and the take aways are good. Toasted sandwiches and Burgers etc. If you want a meal try having a lunch at Lower Sabie and make supper the snack. Or you can buy meat and do the braai/barbecue thing.

To respond to the signs over Kruger. The pamphlet handed out at gates clearly state rules etc. This last weekend I was appalled at the number of people at 'cat' sightings who were hanging out of windows one car had a passenger with his head out of the sunroof and the sliding door open, trhis while they were driving. THere were 'adults' driving with children standing on seats with their heads and bodies out of the sunroof. I really don't know how to stop this. I worry that one day there will be a fatality because of this. I would also be upset if an animal had to suffer because of reckless driving.

Personally imo, there will almost certainly be a tragedy. More and more risks are taken and you only need one cat that may become curious or leap up and that would be it.

People do not understand how quickly these cats can move or how they can jump. Another thing that fascinates me, is the way a lion or leopard can just disappear in a few centimetres of grass. So the people that hang out very often do not know what is close by.

The born free man George Adamson, had a lion that jumped on a Land-Rover and removed a child sitting between his parents, grabbing the boy by his head.

Reading the lions of Tsavo, they even opened a train carriage door to get at one man. Lions are not stupid and if one of them has feasted on a human which is not impossible, then there could be trouble.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm 

Hey guys girls.

Long time no chat :shock: ... Been super busy my side but the good news is That I'm in the Kruger! Typing this next to a camp fire in crocodile bridge (tent number 6) and thus living the dream!

Anyway i thought I would tell you about the activity around CB. There seems to be lots of ellies around, saw two herds in the croc river in front of camp and some near Gezantfombi about 16:00pm today.

Lots of zebs, imps, wildies, waterbuck and giraffe heading north on the tar.

The highlight today was a sighting of a barred owl in a tree next to the road in broad daylight... Tiny owl and was very skittish as it flew away when i reversed.

Otherwise just seen three bush babies hopping between trees and running on the fence... Not too shabby :dance:

Will post mote tomorrow... Heading to lower sabie for two nights so wish me luck! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Bush Andy wrote:
Hey guys girls.

Long time no chat :shock: ... Been super busy my side but the good news is That I'm in the Kruger! Typing this next to a camp fire in crocodile bridge (tent number 6) and thus living the dream!

Anyway i thought I would tell you about the activity around CB. There seems to be lots of ellies around, saw two herds in the croc river in front of camp and some near Gezantfombi about 16:00pm today.

Lots of zebs, imps, wildies, waterbuck and giraffe heading north on the tar.

The highlight today was a sighting of a barred owl in a tree next to the road in broad daylight... Tiny owl and was very skittish as it flew away when i reversed.

Otherwise just seen three bush babies hopping between trees and running on the fence... Not too shabby :dance:

Will post mote tomorrow... Heading to lower sabie for two nights so wish me luck! :thumbs_up:

Thank you for your post and TR. I love reading about other forumites visits. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:41 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Andy, you lucky thing...we love Croc bridge camp.
It's nice and quiet, the staff are helpful and the toasties are lekker!! :thumbs_up:

This is what we saw the last time we were there at the end of last year.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:31 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Nice pics Val. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:36 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Thanks Picnic. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 am 

I love Croc bridge too. Saw some fabulous sightings there. But the camp and staff are great and I agree the toasties are fabulous

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Great pics Val :thumbs_up:

This is the forum which I want to keep a close eye on because I will be staying at Ngwenya Lodge on the 06/07 - 09/07 so really looking forward to it. Been to the South only once but only for a day visit for a few hours.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:03 pm 

We are at Ngwenya now. On Tuesday we had the most incredible sighting of a leopard near the Nhlanganzweni dam. Just as we turned the corner after the road to the dam we saw a lioness. This area rocks

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 pm 

Hi All,
one more week before we visit Croc Bridge. Any recent updates on sightings etc will be appreciated.

2014 Kgalagadi
21/04/2014 to 23/04/2014 - Rooiputs
24/04 to 26/04 Mata Mata
26/04 to 29/04 Nossob
29/04 to 01/05 -Kalahari Tented Camp