Skip to Content

Mopani Sightings

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.

Re: Mopani Sightings

Unread postby M.Paxton » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Greetings All

Sorry no posts over the last while and that said this is my last "regular" post for Mopani Camp and Kruger National Park. I have transfered to Mountain Zebra National Park. So be on the look out for a new thread in the frontier park section.

My last day in Mopani I did a night drive and saw the Eendrag males at Eendrag windmill, they even gave me a farewell roar.

I hope people will still post a few things in this thread once and a while so i can keep up to date with the happenings in that area.

Many thanx

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby cheetah2111 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 am

The sightings around Mopani are pumping of late! :dance: :dance:
I left the park about a week ago from Shingwedzi where sightings are prolific :D But there have been so many sighitings of cheetah around mopani :shock:
There are two cheetah brothers that were seen everyday by someone or another between Bowerkop to the Mooiplaas area everyday. This is them (note not my photo by permission given to post here :wink: )

Other than these two there was also cheetah seen more south between Letaba and Mopani on the main road whenever I visited Mopani people were speaking about it :D
Kruger 2014!!!

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postby K-4S » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Has anyone seen the photo taken this week of the leopard that was seen in the Mopani rest camp. I cant remember what social media platform I saw it on. The women took the picture from the bedroom window of her unit. It was broad daylight.
November 2015

January 2016

July 2016
Shingwedzi | Punda Maria

Unread postby Elsa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:24 pm

I also saw it and pretty sure its from one taken some time ago, think it was just rehashed.
I know there have been 1 or 2 incidences of Leopards in the camp.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”