Skip to Content

Conservation Fees Wrongly Added to Accommodation Reservation

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
Hazyview Charlie

Conservation Fees Wrongly Added to Accommodation Reservation

Unread postby Hazyview Charlie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi All,

I have just booked 2 nights accommodation for 4 people in Shingwedzi restcamp in Jan 2015 as a surprise gift for a special occasion. When I booked online and submitted my card details, I noticed that daily conservation fees were added to the booking after I had checked out. I’m not sure how these were included in my booking, as far as I’m aware there was no way of deselecting this, and when I tried to edit my booking, this doubled the fee!
I’m not new to online booking, having used the website for several years, so I’m unsure how this occurred. I checked my previous reservations and these fees were never included. What I now wish to do is remove the conservation fees from my booking as we will all be holding international wildcards.
I telephoned one of the satellite reservation offices to rectify this, and they informed me that this was not possible and that my credit card would be charged for the full amount, despite the fact that I had only made the booking 2 minutes prior to my conversation. They advised that when I checked in at the rest camp, they would check the validity of our Wildcards and reimburse the conservation fees in the form of credits to use in camp for various activities. Is this correct, or did I misinterpret this advice over what was a very distorted overseas phone line?
What are my options here?
I cannot and do not wish to cancel my booking as I would incur a 25% charge. I really want to keep this booking but not pay the conservation fees, as they will be covered by our Wildcards.
Any information as always would be much appreciated.

Thanks

saraf

Re: Conservation Fees Wrongly Added to Accommodation Reserva

Unread postby saraf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I've sent you a PM.
Website Community Choice Award - Kudu Awards 2015. Voting is now open - see here for details

Swissnomads

Re: Conservation Fees Wrongly Added to Accommodation Reserva

Unread postby Swissnomads » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Please tell me to, I have made the same msitake :?

Greetings
Emanuel

Return to “Wild Card”