Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: lost in the post
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I persisted with the steps to renew online and managed to get it done.
Card didn't seem to work at Boulders (but I had the email which came through after renewing after 5 mins or so)
At Cape Point, used letter and card together and went to office at visitor centre where it showed as updated!
Hooray, now for the next magazine!

Post subject: Re: lost in the post
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I am also waiting for new card, yes ,I must pm a mod etc, but why should we still be putting in extra effort to get a new card in 2013.
When are they going to get it right ?
Why is the system not working ?
Why is there service if you speak to the right person etc. ?
I hate having to carry papers around.

Post subject: Re: Desperately seeking my Wild Card!!!!!
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm 

Forestgump, SANParks realised they had a problem with the Wild Card, they have never hidden that fact. About 18 months ago they asked one of the Forum Assistants to be a liaison with them, to try to answer simple questions raised on the forum and pass on any complex queries and pass on the feedback. That is all that I am doing. There is no "must PM a Mod", there are still other avenues to use and there are examples on these forum where excellent service has been given and I have not been involved. From what I've seen the service has been no worse then other companies I've had to deal with recently. I agree, we should all get excellent service where ever we go, but that is a wider society problem, not one restricted to SANParks.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I still stand with my opinion that it should have been sorted by now. You are doing a great job by helping, but why can they not get it right.Maybe I don't understand the complexity of it all, but renewing online should be once off. For example. Buy a book online, and then have to resend adress,phone and ask' where is my book?' etc. And it will be the last time you buy at that online shop.Especially if a couple of years on you hear the problem is still not rectified. However here there is only one option to buy or renew a wildcard. Do we accept it just because service levels could also be poor elsewhere ? Buying a wildcard could be a first time visitor to South Africa's first experience of Sanparks. Why cause anxiety if the card is not on time before a holiday ? The amount of queries etc is a waste of mods time too. First impressions count a lot.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

saraf wrote:
From what I've seen the service has been no worse then other companies I've had to deal with recently.

That's unfortunate Sara, and I agree with forestgump that the problems should have been resolved long since.

IMO the whole situation with the WildCard since SANParks took it over has been just confusion after confusion. When the scheme was run by Infinity, I had NO problems with renewal of the card AND I also got the benefit of points that I could use towards the cost when I renewed. Now, I get no points and I've had to combat the 'system' at every turn. I used to be a huge fan of the WildCard scheme, but not any longer. Indeed, I've complained so often, with little or no satisfaction, that I no longer receive even the courtesy of a reply to my emails. I have never had any comparable level of frustration when dealing with any other vendor anywhere. I really do think that the ongoing 'excuses' about the WildCard management's continued lack of service delivery is utterly disgraceful.

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 pm 

for some reason my original post regarding non delivery of my card after three months, 'lost in the post', has been deleted or disappeared from this forum, anyone know anything about this, am i being paranoid?

probably my own fault for daring to expect a card that i paid for, and expressing dissatisfaction and being continually fobbed off with the same response and an out of date tracking scan.

if it has been deleted because i had the temerity to ask about this i am disgusted; its no way to treat people who visit SA for holidays and spend tens of thousands of rand, and leaves a very bad taste. If the country is to move forward and earn from tourism it needs support from overseas tourists, not more bad publicity.

i have gone out of my way recently to recommend SA as a holiday destination but am starting to regret it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 am 

It hasn't disappeared, I've just merged it into this thread, so it's a bit tidier

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am 

ah, that's what happened, seems like some of the thread has gone missing then, but at least the guts of it is still around, if somewhat further down the pages.

Thanks for telling me, i was somewhat surprised not to be able to find it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 am 

I'm sorry, yes I should have sent a PM to tell you what I'd done.

All the posts are still there and you can always find your post by checking your Profile (there's a button under your posts) and then clicking the search posts link.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm 

thanks for trying to help, the top man is looking into it for me, hopefully i will get a card soon.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm 

i actually have a wild card :dance: , the old one was cancelled and a new one sent, and it arrived in a week, so pleased, i didn't think they actually existed, sadly it will expire before our next trip in December but at least i know what it looks like now, and i didn't have to pay for a re-issue.

thanks to saraf and everyone else who helped and finally sorted this out. :k

jannjulie :thumbs_up: