Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Buying Wild Card at the gate
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm 

I would like to know if it is possible to buy an international wild card at any gate of any SANParks national park?

If not does anyone know at which national parks you can buy a wild card and at which national parks you can´t?

Many thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Buying Wild Card at the gate
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi Andreas, yes you can buy your international wild card in Kruger.

If you have booked your accommodation and you have all the correct paperwork, most gates will allow you entrance without a card, but tell you to purchase one from the first camp you are staying at.

For example in December we needed to buy a new card. We entered at Croc Bridge Gare and we were staying at Skukuza. The gate guards checked our accommodation letter and told us to buy the wild card when we checked in at Skukuza. It took 5 minutes and was so easy. You need your ID/Passport number and your personal details..........simple.

Except of course you don't get a wild card then........you get a confirmation letter, and then they will send the actual card (hopefully) to the address you give them. However the confirmation letter is valid at all SAMparks venues and some KZN parks and Swaziland parks.

Hope that helps!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 pm 

Andreas,

Joep posted this in a response to a question asked earlier this year. I hope it helps.

Quote:
Many thanks for feedback! Yes, Table Mountain is the exception here. Being a park in a metropolitan environment, it has many points of entry and therefore no Wild Card sales at entrances points such as Cape Point and Boulders. Besides this, the norm is that Wild Cards can be bought at gates when entering the other national parks.

See the full thread here.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 pm 

Thanks for your replies, saraf and crested val. I actually own a wild card already (well......the letter of confirmation and not a proper card :wink: ).

But friends of mine are going to SA next month and last time they bought their wild card at one of the KNP gates. But this time they are going to Mapungubwe first and they wonder if they can get their wild card there as well. I don´t know why but for some reasons they don´t want tp purchase their card online.

So if i understand Joep right, it is possible to buy a wild card at Mapungubwe.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear All,

Yes, it is possible to buy Wild Card membership at all parks (except in Table Mountain) upon arrival but I strongly recommend that you buy your membership online as you then provide your details once only and that finalises the transaction, while if you buy at the park, you still need to go online later and capture your details. Wild Cards are despatched from one central station only and nowhere can you buy membership and get the actual card immediately. When buying at the parks (and online) you are issued with a temporary Wild Card number which can be used to access the relevant parks until such time as your Wild Card has bee received by you - postal by registered mail. Please forward any queries in this regard to joep.stevens@sanparks.org

Kind regards.

JOEP

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]