SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: WILD CARD PURCHASED 24.11.10 NOT YET RECEIVED
Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Harold and other visitors,

Please advise where you had the problems and if possible, provide details, name, date, etc?

I am equally frustrated but this transition is not going to be a quick one and members are not all going to have their Wild Cards soon. For now, as previously communicated access to relevant parks is by presenting old Wild Card (in cases where there is still membership) or new Wild Card number (in cases where membership was acquired after 20 October 2010, together with the acceptable means of identification. Yes, in the case of SANParks, if you have met these requirements and are required to pay conservation fees, and you provide receipts, we will refund these.

Kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS

Unread postPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:29 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
harold wrote:
Shocking service.
It is now more than 3 months an still no card.
Went to one of the KZN National parks and they would not accept the letter of confirmation of payment.

Hi Harold - You must have been very unlucky, as we have visited several KZN parks recently also Hlane in Swazi and there was no problem at all with us showing our confirmation for Wild Card payment letter. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2013)
Award: Musketeer of the Year, Quiz Whiz of the Year (2012)
Still waiting for my postal wildcard delivery too. However, got SANParks to print out a letter stating all the details and validity of my current (pending wildcard, and Kruger had no problems accepting that together with my relevant ID. :thumbs_up:

TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:19 pm 

Has anyone received the new wild card - waiting since October 2010 :huh:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:38 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Is there a tender out ,where we can tender to offer services to manage the wild card system?

Post subject: Pitiful service level!!!!
Unread postPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:24 pm 

Have to say I agree with all but Joep. This delay is ridiculous, surely the replacement system should have been in place before dumping the existing one.

I have been waiting for months.

"The card will be posted soon." ..................... bit weak really!

Post subject: Re: Pitiful service level!!!!
Unread postPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

But... You have no problem entering the parks at all with the letter or tillslip.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 pm 

Please read Joep Stevens' reply here, Stockman.
Quote:
For now, as previously communicated access to relevant parks is by presenting old Wild Card (in cases where there is still membership) or new Wild Card number (in cases where membership was acquired after 20 October 2010, together with the acceptable means of identification. Yes, in the case of SANParks, if you have met these requirements and are required to pay conservation fees, and you provide receipts, we will refund these.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:59 pm 

FAC Member (2012)
I can second Matthys' comment above.
Stayed at Augrabies recently (17 & 18th April) and had no problems at all even though I didn't had my confirmation letter with me after updating my details on the website. I just presented my "old wildcard" and no more questions were asked :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

My concern is that we received an email with a Fanfare announcing that SANParks were taking over the Wild Card from 20 October, the following is an extract.

Welcome to the new Wild Card

Your Wild Card has just become much wilder! As from today (Wednesday, 20 October) South African National Parks (SANParks) will be in direct control of the Wild Card Programme. This means more relevant benefits for you as a loyal Wild Cardholder and the introduction of cutting-edge technology to make access easier and control of the programme tighter. And that's exactly what you've been asking for all along.

You will shortly have the opportunity of presenting your new Wild Card (super new design AND advanced capabilities) to ensure that you get the most from Southern Africa's top conservation areas – the parks and reserves of CapeNature, Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife, Msinsi Resorts and Reserves, SANParks and Big Game Parks of Swaziland, who are all part of the Wild Card Programme.

More good news is that all new Wild Cardholders will receive Wild magazine. Make sure you renew your membership in order to receive this beautiful magazine with its riveting conservation and travel articles.

January 1 2011 is the kick-off date for the new Wild Card. From then on the old green Wild Card will no longer be accepted. But don't worry. Your membership to our parks will be retained, and you will still be able to redeem your existing CashBack Rewards through Infinity, though no rewards will be accrued through us.

"We had a seamless transition planned, but due to the fact that we were provided with an incomplete database by Infinity, we have to appeal to Wild Cardholders to ensure that their personal details are updated," said Glenn Phillips, Managing Executive Tourism Development at SANParks.

"We thank you, our loyal Wild Cardholders, for your unwavering support and look forward to presenting you with many exciting opportunities when we roll out phase 2, our loyalty component, by June 2011,"
Glenn said. If you'd like to find out more about redeeming your current CashBack Rewards, you can call Infinity directly on 086 123 4002.

I look forward to sharing even more exciting news with you in the near future. Till then, Go Wild …

We are now 7 months down the road and still no cards and Phase 2 is due to start in 3 weeks. Is this still on schedule? Will we eventually get some rewards?
So far I have only lost out with the previous CashBack for Kruger bookings not being available.
I won't be holding my breath. :evil:

Ast binman bin mam?
Lancashire dialect

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

New Year trip 2014-2015 booked.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

DuQues wrote:
But... You have no problem entering the parks at all with the letter or tillslip.

The reception staff at Orpen would not renew our old wildcard (duly registered not not renewed before our Easter visit- expired about 20 days before) and we had to take out a new one with a new number. Our friend with us took out her own wildcard, as she will be visiting again.
The following day as we changed to Letaba, my husband took ill and went directly to Letaba, while we drove round on our own (with my two daughters who have their own wildcards). He booked in and the booking staff obviously did not see the wildcard receipt for my friend also stapled into the permit and charged him R45 for a conservation fee that he duly paid. When we came later, we complained and the money was refunded.
At Skukuza there was no problem and also not at Crocodile Bridge where we booked in for the last two nights.
We went to get our exit permits on the Wednesday night, having decided that my husband and my friend would head home directly, while my daughters and myself would follow the scenic route and exit at Phabeni. We were only given one exit permit for my daughter's car and informed that, as they were exiting at Crocodile Bridge, they did not need an exit permit.
However when my husband exited, the guard? on duty, took ourwildcard receipt and refused to return it. My husband who was still feeling decidedly under the weather and had a long drive ahead of him, luckily had the presence of mind to record the number of the card, but we have no record of having paid now.
How do we handle this situation on our next visit that in not to far off?

1-6 May '13

Unread postPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:54 pm 

HI we bought our wildcard on the 27th of October at Cape point we applied (and pay) for our wild card.

TEMPORARY WILD CARD VOUCHER
VOUCHER NUMBER: 2010 0128 -T

We haven't still received the card, but people from Wldcard office told us that they are being sent and we are about to receive ours (already 2 months ago)

Is it possible to know if ours is already sent, and maybe lost in the mailing services???

Thanks a lot

San

Sweni 21-24/09/2011
Skukuza 24/09/2011

Unread postPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:50 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear San,

Thanks for the query and that was a week after we took over the Wild Card. Please email me all your details regarding the purchase to joeps@sanparks.org

KInd regards.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:04 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Bushmom,

Undoubtedly some clumsy administration there while you were visiting Kruger. My suggestion is that you raise it with Heather Cranko at heather.cranko@sanparks.org

If I understand your question correctly (at the end), until you have received the Wild Card, you are only required to quote the number and show proof of identity and you cannot be refused the benefits of Wild Card membership, namely free access (conservation fee)

Please send me the Wild Card numbers to joeps@sanparks.org

Kind regards.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:39 pm 
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2013)
Award: Musketeer of the Year, Quiz Whiz of the Year (2012)
Approached a SANParks booking office and they said wildcards still on the way to some areas. Purchased mine 1st Dec 2010 ... still waiting. Is there a place we can drive to collect them by hand perhaps, or must we still wait for the post?

TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next