Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Couples Wild Card
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:58 pm 

Hi there,

A have a couple of questions about the couples wild card if anyone can help me.
I'm an international visitor and I'll be spendig 10 days in Kruger along with my sister so we figure it will be cheaper for us to buy wild cards than pay the daily conservation fee.
We are considering getting a couples wild card as it will work out cheaper than both of paying individually. However, I will be coming back to the UK after Kruger, whilst my sister will be staying on and visiting other places. Will we be issued with seperate cards so she can take hers with her and I keep mine and will she be able to use the wild card in other parks by herself if I am not with her?

Post subject: Re: Couples Wild Card
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:24 pm 

We'll be staying inside of Kruger for the 10 days, I just want to make sure if we get a couple's wild card that my sister will be able to use it later in her trip when I am not there.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 pm 

She can. No problem with that. She just has to have it, or the confirmation letter, with her. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm 

One letter and one card, but the letter you can print out as many times as you want too. :lol:

Are you planning on buying a card at the gates or are you going to do so via internet and when are you guys/ girls going if I may ask? :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 pm 

Thanks Michael, that's a great help!
We'll probably buy it online, save us time when we get there then. We enter the park on 10th April for 10 nights, I can't wait. I need my Kruger fix!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm 

michel367 wrote:
Hi Kisty,

Although the Wildcard has gone up in price quite a lot this year it is still cheaper to get one for 10 days than having to pay 10 x the conservation fee or are you going to stay/ sleep inside of Kruger for 10 nights?

Is there a difference between staying inside the park versus outside when it comes to a Wildcard or paying the daily fee?

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Friedrich & others,

Conservation fees for overnight guests are payable per night and for day visitors for every day that the park is entered. I would suggest that you apply online and upon completion you will receive a Wild Card membership number which you need to quote or show at the gates and camps, together with you passport as identity. Indeed, you can buy at the gates or camps, if you prefer that, and perhaps best to make your sister the primary member. She can use and so can you. Once Wild cards are issued only one card will be issued for a couple. A second card could be ordered, but it might then work out cheaper to just get two individual card, in cases of frequent separate use, which I don't think is your intention.

Best wishes!

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:09 pm 

If you stay in the park without a Wild Card you pay the conservation fee for all the days you are there on the day you enter the park. One big payment.

If you stay outside the park and go in each day you pay each day you go in. So 10 small payments.