Skip to Content

Error when purchasing wild card on-line

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
Gerda

Error when purchasing wild card on-line

Unread postby Gerda » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am

Hello everybody,

First of all my best wishes for 2011 to all of you!!!

I have a problem with renewing out wild card.
I do not know what I doing wrong, but I always get the following error message:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Failed to process Credit Card transaction.

I have already sent two e-mails to 'wildcard@sanparks.org', but haven't got an answer.
First mail was 15/11.

I hope someone can help us. We have no idea what we are doing wrong.

Thank you for helping!!!

Gerda

CuriousCanadian
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: Error when purchasing wild card on-line

Unread postby CuriousCanadian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Gerda....
Perhaps send a pm to Joep Stevens.... he usually answers promptly....
Appreciate what you have before it becomes what you had.

Gerda

Unread postby Gerda » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 pm

I've received a reply today.
They advice us to purchase our new card at the entrance gate at our next visit.
So problem solved.

Thanks for your reply!!!!

CuriousCanadian

Unread postby CuriousCanadian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:11 pm

My pleasure :D

Glad it is sorted for you.... :thumbs_up:
Appreciate what you have before it becomes what you had.

Joep Stevens
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks Gerda and best wishes for your upcoming visit!

Kind regards.

JOEP
General Manager: Tourism Operations

majura

Unread postby majura » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 am

I'm trying hard not to be critical but I am totally frustrated about this situation.

I completed 2 online transactions for purchase of Wild Cards on 23 January, one for husband and I and one for sister and her partner. Everything completed smoothly, both confirmation letters printed and I thought "Great, that was so easy".

Utter dismay the next morning when I opened emails form SanParks with not 2 but 3 confirmation letters. The application for my husband and I had been doubled up. A quick check of my banking confirmed my worst fears - 3 charges, an additional transaction or R2195 pending on my credit card.
I hurriedly sent off a request for the errors to be rectified before my bank completed the processing and charged me the international transfer fee of R64 (This usually takes 2 or 3 days).

My rush was to no avail. My first email on 24 January was ignored. A request to Joep Stevens on 25 Jan brought some action and an assurance that the problem would be sorted. Nine business days later I am still waiting.

How hard is this? A simple check of their records would show the error - 2 wildcards issued to 1 person (same name, same passport number), 2 charges made- cancel 1 card and refund the overcharge. What do I have to do to get this resolved? :huh:

Dotty
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Dotty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Try a private message majura, to JOEP STEVENS He can probably give you some answers :)
KUDU's mean Well done and Thank you

majura

Unread postby majura » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 am

majura wrote:I'm trying hard not to be critical but I am totally frustrated about this situation.

I completed 2 online transactions for purchase of Wild Cards on 23 January, one for husband and I and one for sister and her partner. Everything completed smoothly, both confirmation letters printed and I thought "Great, that was so easy".

Utter dismay the next morning when I opened emails form SanParks with not 2 but 3 confirmation letters. The application for my husband and I had been doubled up. A quick check of my banking confirmed my worst fears - 3 charges, an additional transaction or R2195 pending on my credit card.
I hurriedly sent off a request for the errors to be rectified before my bank completed the processing and charged me the international transfer fee of R64 (This usually takes 2 or 3 days).

My rush was to no avail. My first email on 24 January was ignored. A request to Joep Stevens on 25 Jan brought some action and an assurance that the problem would be sorted. Nine business days later I am still waiting.

How hard is this? A simple check of their records would show the error - 2 wildcards issued to 1 person (same name, same passport number), 2 charges made- cancel 1 card and refund the overcharge. What do I have to do to get this resolved? :huh:

Still no resolution by yesterday - after 11 business days - even though I contacted Joep Stevens a second time. Desperation measures called for! We are preparing to leave home on our annual volunteering commitments in isolated communities and at times will be in some very remote parts with very limited communications until late June so important to get our holiday arrangements for July/August in order before we leave.

I contacted my bank yesterday morning and placed a disputed transaction complaint. They have just called me back this morning to inform me that a successful resolution has been reached and the overcharge will be credited to my account within days.

Now in all fairness, perhaps the ball was already rolling from San Parks end but if so a simple email from them to inform me would have been in order.

Philip1
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2014)

Unread postby Philip1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:45 am

Good morning, :D
I'm also waiting for my card since last year. Already bought :( I think we do not know how many cards these people must send out, it could be thousands. Like they say, if you get to your ''gate'' it will be sorted. Make sure you have got your letter or notice handy.

:dance: :dance:
Have a ''Natures day"
Philip
"Lose yourself in Nature and find Peace!" (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
UNITE AGAINST POACHING...What we protect,
do not let poachers take it away!

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

majura

Unread postby majura » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 am

My issue has now been resolved. Thank you to Mercy Mandiwana and Joep Stevens.

Return to “Wild Card”