Skip to Content

Wild Card sent to Germany

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
sensimillia

Wild Card sent to Germany

Unread postby sensimillia » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi!
I've bought a Wild Card three weeks ago as I'll be in Kruger Park from 9th to 13th january. We'll be leaving to South Africa in 2 weeks already and now I'm getting a little nervous about not getting my Wild Card before stepping onto the plane.
Does anybody know how long it usually takes for a Wild Card to get to Germany?

Greets from freezing Germany,

Laura
KNP 9th january-13th january 2011:):):)

Lionspoon
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Wild Card sent to Germany

Unread postby Lionspoon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Laura!

Welcome to the forum! :yaya:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of not so good news, but it took 6 weeks for mine to arrive
when I first ordered it. I hope, other people will tell you differently and my example is
just a negative exception.

I'm holding all thumbs for yours to be on time!!! :thumbs_up:
Summer 2014 - Oz! It was awesome!

sensimillia

Unread postby sensimillia » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks for the quick answer!
Just in case my Wild Card won't be here on time, can I just make use of my confimration letter and the confirmation number I got with it?

Lionspoon
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Lionspoon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 pm

This would seem the only reasonable way to go, but I cannot say for sure whether this will work or not.

But you could email Joep Stevens, who deals with Wild Card issues and will be able to give you a comprehensive and valid answer. :thumbs_up:

joeps@sanparks.org
Summer 2014 - Oz! It was awesome!

sensimillia

Unread postby sensimillia » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks, he just got an email from me:)

blommietjie

Unread postby blommietjie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:55 am

I was at the head office on friday the 10th and there i was told they only post the new wild cards in january. Did bought mine online in November already. As we are going to KNP on the 3rd January i was also wondering what will happen once we get to the park without a new card. They have issue me with a permit with the new wildcard number but a day later they have sent me a email that the number is wrong, so i still have to try and get the problem solved today.
I`m back home but my heart stays in Kruger!
Next trip...when ever possable!!!

Perhaps in July 2012

Impisi08

Unread postby Impisi08 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Blommietjie: I was at the head office on friday the 10th and there i was told they only post the new wild cards in january. Did bought mine online in November already. As we are going to KNP on the 3rd January i was also wondering what will happen once we get to the park without a new card.

Maybe you must check the confirmation letter if you go to Kruger in January. I renewed my Wildcard on 3 December and received a confirmation letter which is valid until 31 December 2010:

"This letter will serve as TEMPORARY proof of purchase, and will be valid until 31 December 2010."

At the moment I have not received my new Wild Card. I will arrive in Kruger on 10 January so I still have some time, but if "the headoffice" is right about posting the Wild Cards in January I will ask for a new confirmation letter.

sensimillia

Unread postby sensimillia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:03 pm

https://www.wildcard.co.za/blog.htm?act ... st&id=1880

i think this might help as they write there that due to some problems the wild card will still be valid after the 31st december although it is written differently on the confirmation letter.

Joep Stevens
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Dear All,

Many thanks for the queries and my regret for all the problems encountered. Indeed, Wild Cards are only going to be sent in the new year and Wild Card members can present their existing Wild Card and the confirmation letter plus the usual means of identification and they will be granted access at relevant parks. For those that acquired Wild Card membership after 20 October 2010, please quote the new Wild Card number that you received when acquiring your new membership. For those that were unable to get confirmation letters, the existing Wild Cards that are valid, plus identification will suffice.

My best wishes!

JOEP
General Manager: Tourism Operations

Impisi08

Unread postby Impisi08 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks Sensimillia and Joep for this information.

Return to “Wild Card”