Skip to Content

Wild card for a 9 year old?

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.
Carole

Wild card for a 9 year old?

Unread postby Carole » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Do we need to purchase a Wildcard for our grandson who is 9 years of age for entrance into the Kruger National Park?

Many thanks.
:hmz:

KendraClaire

Re: Wild card for a 9 year old?

Unread postby KendraClaire » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Carole

I don't think it is necessary for a nine year old as (if i am not mistaken) you can purchase a family wild card.

KC

Imberbe
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Imberbe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 pm

9 year olds are liable for the daily conservation fee, and thus you can also buy a Wildcard for them, or rather as KendraClaire indicated, include them in a family card.
Imberbe = Combretum imberbe = Leadwood = Hardekool = The spirit of the Wildernis!

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparksvolunteers.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Joep Stevens
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Please keep in mind that if a Family card is considered for a child, he or she may only be on the Family card of one or both of his parents. The Family version is for "one or two adults with their children up to eighteen years old".

If there are further queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS
General Manager: Tourism Operations

BarkingMad

Unread postby BarkingMad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Is this something new with the change to the new Wild Cards? My grandchild is on my Wildcard [family card] and at the time I put her on, I was told that I could also have my nephew on it, although I never did. The price increase, while understandable, is steep, but if we are now going to have to purchase a card of her own for her it is going to make the jump from five hundred and something to nine hundred for 2 adults and a 3 year old. :(

Joep Stevens wrote:Please keep in mind that if a Family card is considered for a child, he or she may only be on the Family card of one or both of his parents. The Family version is for "one or two adults with their children up to eighteen years old".

If there are further queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS

Return to “Wild Card”