- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Graffiti Clean-Up at Historic Cape Point Light House
iKapa Honorary Rangers Ruedi Siegenthaler, Vito Viglietti, George and Sue Smith, painted the graffiti off the historic lighthouse at Cape Point. The light house is in a very high visitor zone and is often the target of graffiti vandals. This type of vandalism occurs not only on the light house but also on the walls and rocks at Cape Point.
SANParks Table Mountain National Park requested the help of the Honorary Rangers to repaint damage done to this historical light house.
Built in 1860, this was the first lighthouse in South Africa, and besides its light at night, was a navigational aid used as a beacon for shipping during the day. Because of the high incidence of fog and mist at Cape Point a second lighthouse was built on Dias Point. This new Cape Point Lighthouse was built in 1919 and is more effective, being lower than the original lighthouse. The light is more visible to shipping and can be seen more easily in misty conditions being only 87 meters above the ocean. This lighthouse has the most powerful light on the South African coast.
The old lighthouse situated on the highest section of the peak is now used as a centralised monitoring point for all lighthouses in South Africa, and is a historical monument.
1) Honorary Rangers George Smith, Vito Viglietti and Ruedi Siegenthaler with the repainted lighthouse in the background
2) The Cape Point Lighthouse
iKapa Honorary Rangers