- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Kruger National Park affected by heavy rains
“We are pleased to announce that up to this stage there has been no report of loss or threat to human life. Some of our visitors who were in the threatened camps were airlifted to safer camps. We urge visitors not to use gravel roads, not attempt crossing overflowing rivers and to stay alert at all times” said the KNP’s Regional General Manager: Marula, Ms Lucy Nhlapo.
The following roads; camps and facilities in the KNP are currently not accessible and have been temporarily closed.
- Tamboti camp
- Talamati camp
- Muzandzeni picnic spot
- Biyamiti bush camp
- Crocodile Bridge camp and entrance gate
- H10 Tshokwane to Lower Sabie
- H1 -2 Sand River & Sabie low water bridge
- H1/1 link road between Skukuza and Pretoriuskop
- H7 Orpen to Satara
- Nwaswitshaka low level bridge
- Giriyondo Part of Entry
“All the gravel roads in park have been closed for safety and motorists are requested to stay on tarred roads. We are constantly monitoring the situation around the park and collecting all recorded rainfall levels at different camps to ensure that we keep visitors informed” concluded Nhlapo.
Confirmed bookings between 20 and 22 January 2013 need to be confirmed with Skukuza, Berg en Dal , Pretoriuskop, Satara, Letaba Mopani and Shingwedzi between 07h00 to 18h00.
SANParks Media Specialist
Tel: 013 735 4300 , cell: 0836736974