- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Shooting in the Kruger National Park
At approximately 9:00am Saturday, 28 April 2012, a SAPS member and a SANDF member were conducting a search for potential rhino poachers in the Tshokwane section of the Kruger National Park when they came under fire.
The shooting resulted in the SAPS member being shot and killed. In return, the defence force member fatally wounded the shooter. It emerged later that the shooter was in fact an on-duty SANPARKS Game Ranger.
An inquest docket has been opened to determine the circumstances and the cause of this incident.
The National Joint Operational Centre
Colonel Vishnu Naidoo
082 567 4153