- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Visit TMNP for free during SANParks Week 12-16 September 2011
The theme this year for SANParks Week is “Know your National Parks” and Table Mountain National Park is inviting all South African citizens, Capetonians or not, to visit the urban park for either a trip down memory lane or to create new memories with family and friends.
Visit the Cape of Good Hope section for walks, un-spoilt beaches and other walks and trails traversing all angles of Table Mountain.
Free access points for TMNP include:
- Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point), Silvermine, Tokai, Oudekraal and Newlands (please note that free access is not on offer at Boulders Beach Penguin Colony).
This year, the park has extended the SANParks Week free access for the picnic and braai sites at Newlands, Oudekraal or Wildschuts Brand for the weekend of 17 and 18 September – so celebrate Heritage Day early with an outdoor family braai at one of these sites.
First National Bank (FNB) has sponsored SANParks for the week’s activities and each of the 19 national parks have developed unique plans for celebrating the week, including career guidance exhibitions; hiking trails; photography competitions; exhibitions on various activities around the parks; game drives; evening boma braais; story telling sessions; sports activities, give-aways, pensioners day, and wild walks for school children.
For more information about the access points for Table Mountain National Park call (021) 701 8692 or visit the Table Mountain National Park site.
Issued by / Media Queries:
Wanika Rusthoi, Public Relations Officer: Cape Region, South African National Parks, cell: 072 060 8188, e-mail: Wanika.email@example.com