- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Flower season comes to Namaqua National Park
April 2011: 3.3mm, May 2011: 65.8mm, June 2011: 75.93mm, July 2011: 39.11mm and August 2011: 23.5mm (to date).
The typical orange carpets at Skilpad are in full bloom. Orange daisies (Ursinia sp.); Varkiesknol (Conicosia sp.); Sporries (Heliophila sp.) and Pietsnot (Grielum humifusum) are just some of the species coming out en masse. There is countless other species to see as well.
The areas around Soebatsfontein have some beautiful patches of purple and yellow vygies. The pass between Skilpad and Soebatsfontein (4x4 only) is also very rewarding. The road to the park has nice patches of a variety of flowers.
The coastal areas are showing amazing diversity and color. Please note that you need a 4x4 for the Namaqua National Park coastal section.
The road condition to Skilpad is average with a few corrugations.
Further afield most of the road reserves have a variety of flowers. Springbok, Nababeep and Okiep is spectacular.
- The little town of Kamieskroon is a proper ‘flower town’ and you can easily spend a day or two in one of the local establishments and explore at your leisure.
- Goegab is beautiful as well. The road from Kakamas to Springbok has a surprising variety and offers something different.
- The road to Arkoep has a large orange field, amongst other.
- The road to Leliesfontein has large fields of white, orange and yellow flowers of various species.