- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Media Release: Three suspected poachers die
During the confrontation three of the suspected poachers were fatally injured and one suspect was wounded. A fifth suspect managed to evade arrest and is currently being pursued. The wounded suspect was treated at the scene and moved to hospital where he is receiving further medical attention.
A firearm (R5 military type), ammunition as well as other poaching related implements were recovered at the scene of the incident. Further investigations in this regard are currently underway.
SANParks Corporate Communications
For Media Interviews contact:
- wanda mkutshulwa, Head of Communications: South African National Parks (SANParks); tel: (012) 426 5201 / 0829082692; e-mail: email@example.com
NOTE: Available during the following periods – 10h30 to 11h00; 13h00 to 13h45; 15h45 to 16h15 and after 17h30. You can send an e-mail or SMS at any time, but they will only be attended to at the above times.