- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Rhino poaching update for January 2011
In the same period there have been 31 arrests made throughout the country, with 16 having been made in North West province, 10 in the Kruger National Park, three in Gauteng province and two in Limpopo. Since the beginning of the year five (5) suspected rhino poachers lost their lives during skirmishes with park rangers in the KNP, while two (2) suspects have been wounded and are still hospitalised.
“The loss of 333 rhinos to poaching in 2010 was a devastating loss for us but we are determined that in 2011 should not happen. Anyone who is involved in poaching at whatever level will be a prime target for our investigations and we will leave no stone unturned in this respect, including going for the kingpins of these operations”, said Dr Mabunda.
Last week SANParks announced the implementation of a new tool to assist with the fight against rhino poaching. By documenting individual rhino DNA and using this information to link recovered rhino horns to specific crime scenes, we will be able to pin individuals to a specific crime and to prosecute them for more than the lesser crime of possession alone.
SANParks Corporate Communications
For media interviews and other inquiries contact:
- wanda mkutshulwa, Head of Communications: South African National Parks (SANParks)Tel: (012) 426 5201 / 0829082692; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org