Highveld Region HRs clean historical heritage plaques
One of our members, Johan Kotze assisted by his wife Colleen, undertook the project of cleaning the historical plaques throughout the KNP.
The project commenced with the cleaning of the various regions:
- 4 September 2008 - Southern Region: Crocodile Bridge, Pretoriuskop, Berg en Dal and Lower Sabie. Thirty-one plaques in this region were inspected and cleaned.
- 3 February 2009 - Middle Region: Skukuza, Satara and Olifants area. Twelve sites were inspected and cleaned.
- 19 May 2009 - Northern Region: Letaba up to Pafuri area. Eight sites in this region were inspected and cleaned.
A total of 55 heritage sites were visited and a full report was submitted to Mr Thanyani Madzhuta of the Heritage Division in KNP.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Karoo Birding Weekend 2015
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 21st April 2015
- Cricket days and the last nights of Summer
Posted by: spargish on 21st April 2015
- Index : Insects and Other Invertebrates
Posted by: Crested Val on 21st April 2015