- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Highveld Region HRs clean historical heritage plaques
One of our members, Johan Kotze assisted by his wife Colleen, undertook the project of cleaning the historical plaques throughout the KNP.
The project commenced with the cleaning of the various regions:
- 4 September 2008 - Southern Region: Crocodile Bridge, Pretoriuskop, Berg en Dal and Lower Sabie. Thirty-one plaques in this region were inspected and cleaned.
- 3 February 2009 - Middle Region: Skukuza, Satara and Olifants area. Twelve sites were inspected and cleaned.
- 19 May 2009 - Northern Region: Letaba up to Pafuri area. Eight sites in this region were inspected and cleaned.
A total of 55 heritage sites were visited and a full report was submitted to Mr Thanyani Madzhuta of the Heritage Division in KNP.