Malawi/Zambia Satellite Collaring Exercise 2004
- Lower Zambezi National Park: 6 collars on 6 herds
- North Luangwa National Park, Zambia: 3 collars on 3 herds
- Kasungu National Park, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Vwaza Marsh Wildlife Reserve, Malawi: 3 collars, 2 herds and 1 bull
- Nyika National Park, Malawi: 2 collars, 1 herd and 1 bull
Herd selection and photography, darting from helicopter and moving of remaining animals, elephant becomes recumbant, collar fitted and elephant placed on its side where possible, satellite reference and radio frequency specific to each collar, satellite unit counter-balanced by weight below neck, after the procedure is completed, the antidote is administered, after 2 to 3 minutes the elephant gets up, satellite unit sits on top of the neck and transmits as set by user.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Hip Hip Hooray! We turn 11 today!
Posted by: DinkyBird on 27th November 2015
- Road Tripping For Christmas 2015
Posted by: RichardS on 27th November 2015
- FIRES IN KNP
Posted by: naomi c on 27th November 2015