- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
SANParks Conservation staff are active across all 19 of our South African National Parks (SANParks).
In keeping with the SANParks mission, Conservation Services is responsible for conservation research, guided by an adaptive management framework and aimed at the maintenance of biodiversity and the preservation of wilderness qualities and cultural resources. As a result, environmental monitoring and research are conducted within each Park to ensure management actions are based on research outcomes.
To ensure data accuracy and to standardize the data collection process, a hand-held computer application - CyberTracker - s customised for each of our 22 Parks. This icon-based system allows both literate as well as non-literate field workers to record observations with latitude and longitude co-ordinates using a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) device with an integrated Global Positioning System (GSP). In many cases SANParks rangers are the eyes and ears of conservation, conducting daily field patrols in all Parks. They are therefore equipped with CyberTracker and while on patrol, they map observations of animals; rare plants; poaching activities; surface water; disease outbreaks; invasive species; cultural and historical and more.
The SANParks Conservation Support Project, with the help of our SANParks supporters from all over the world (list of project supporters to date), has helped better equip our ranger with Pocket PCs with integrated GPS, laptop computers, mountain bikes, camo-nets, multi-tools, water bottles, backpacks, spotlights, gas cylinders, camping utensils, and binoculars. The pictures below represent a collective THANK YOU from all SANParks rangers, field rangers and conservation services staff who have benefited from your generosity.
So far, the Parks that have benefited are:
- Addo Elephant National Park: (Section Ranger: Riaan Nel)
- Karoo National Park: (Section Ranger: Johan de Klerk)
- Mokala National Park: (Section and Field Rangers)
- Kruger National Park: (Satara Field Rangers)
- Tankwa-Karoo National Park: (from left to right: Lofty Baadjies, Wallace Nasson, Garret de Vries)
There have been amazing and adventurous fundraising efforts from our dediacted and loyal forum members - read about the antics of the "Forum Rat Pack!" Why not donate now to make your contribution count!