Sendelingsdrift Pontoon closed until further notice
Kindly note that the Sendelingsdrift Pontoon will be closed due to very high water levels and dangerous objects in the Orange River.
The current predicted flow is between 800 – 900 cubic's of water as from today, 23 March 2014. Visitors travelling from the Richtersveld Park to the Naminbian side or vice versa, will be affected in terms of making use of the Pont (Ferry) to cross into the two countries (South Africa and Namibia).
Visitors are only affected in terms of crossing between the borders. Guest with reservations in the park can be assured that they can still take up their bookings.
- An alternative route have been negotiated with Orangemund Authorities (Namibian side) - (Alexander Bay/Orangemund Border Post)
- This is subject to the request that the public (including tourists) must not pass via the Orangemund town but use the outside road (gravel road) of Orangemund. The Orangemund authorities apply this rule very strictly so please be aware.
Mr Hendrik Prins
Acting Park manager: |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Tel: 027 831 1506; Cell: 084 742 9797
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Karoo Birding Weekend 2015
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 21st April 2015
- Cricket days and the last nights of Summer
Posted by: spargish on 21st April 2015
- Index : Insects and Other Invertebrates
Posted by: Crested Val on 21st April 2015