Media Release: The South Of Kruger National Park Is Back In Business
The emergency situation that resulted in the closure of all the restcamps in the southern part of the Kruger National Park since 10 February 2000 has now been lifted. All utility services have been restored to full capacity and the south of the Park is set to resume operations according to the following schedule:
- The bigger restcamps (except Crocodile Bridge) in the south of the Park will start operating on Monday 28 February 2000.
- Day visitors will be able to enter the Park from all gates except Pafuri, Punda Maria, Crocodile Bridge and Kruger Gate.
- A temporary cafeteria service will be open in the SA Express Boma until the one in at the Skukuza restcamp has been restored.
- The Airport will become operational as from Monday 28 February 2000.
- The Sirheni, Shimuwini, Bateleur and Biyamiti bushveld camps will remain closed for a few more days.
- Gravel roads in the southern part of the Park will also remain closed for the next week or two.
- As a result of Cyclone Eline, the Shingwedzi and Punda Maria restcamps in the northern part of Kruger are also closed to visitors. The tar road between Shingwedzi and Punda Maria is closed because of floods.
The Kruger Park after the deluge is a spectacle to behold and we invite you to call our Reservation Office at phone:(012) 343 1991; Fax: (012) 343 0905; Email: Reservations@parks-sa.co.za to see it for yourself.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform the public that damage to the Park is estimated to be R70m. The fundraising drive initiated by the SANP is going well and the public response is very positive. Those who would still like to make a contribution can do so in one of the following ways:
Donations towards rebuilding infrastructure:
Kruger National Park Disaster Fund (KNPDF)
First National Bank
Bank City Branch
Branch Code: 250805
Account No: 6201 4877 156
First National Bank has very kindly decided to waive all bank charges in the administration of this account.
Donations to help the affected community of Skukuza:
The Skukuza Community Relief Fund
Skukuza Branch-Code: 3346 52
Account Number: 405 138 8247
No agents commissions are payable in this fundraising campaign.
For donations in kind, please phone:
Adel Smit - 082 679 9071;
Estelle Coetsee - 083 273 5634;
Carl Louwrens (Kruger Park) - 082 923 7452.
Dr Salifou Siddo
Head: Corporate Affairs
South African National Parks
Tel: (012) 343 9770; Fax: (012) 343 0153
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Heading up on a mountain
Posted by: Fanta on 8th October 2015
- Kgalagadi: road conditions and car
Posted by: billy65 on 8th October 2015
- Credit card payments
Posted by: Wild one on 8th October 2015