- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Media Release: South African National Parks (SANP) Amends Rules on Deposits and Pensioners Discount
Date: 17th August 2000
South African National Parks (SANP) is pleased to announce that it has amended its policy on deposits for visits to parks with immediate effect. Unlike the old policy which required full payment within 30 days of booking, the new one only requires that 33% of the amount be paid within 30 days of booking and the balance 30 days prior to arrival at the parks.
The rules for cancellations remain unchanged and are as follows:
- 31 days before visit, full refund
- 30 to 15 days before visit, 75% refund
- 14 to 7 days before visit, 50% refund
- Less that 7 days before visit, no refund
- A R50 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations.
The policy that made the Pensioners Discount not applicable to the Satara, Skukuza, and Lower Sabie restcamps in the Kruger National has also been revised. Pensioners are now welcome to book these rest camps except for weekends, school holidays and public holidays. The pensioners discount is 40% and is enjoyed by any SA citizen orpermanent resident 60 years or older. A valid ID document will be required upon arrival at parks for age verification purposes.
Dr Salifou Siddo
Head: Corporate Affairs
South African National Parks
Tel: (012) 343 9770; Fax: (012) 343 0153