Media Release: 50% discount on all accommodation to celebrate 50 years of GGHNP
On 13 September 1963, Golden Gate Highlands National Park (GGHNP) was officially proclaimed by the government as a national park and 2013 marks 50 years since that proclamation.
The park was named GGHNP after the brilliant shades of gold cast by the sun on the park's sandstone cliffs, especially the imposing Brandwag Buttress, keeping vigil over the main rest camp, and is situated close to a small yet famous town of Free State, Clarens (about 20 kilometres).
Since its proclamation GGHNP has seen many phenomenal changes that make it what it is today. The Park boasts amongst others a Golden Gate Hotel & Chalets, Glen Reenen, Basotho Cultural Village and the magnificent Highlands Mountain Retreat which is situated 2200m above sea-level.
To celebrate this gigantic milestone, South African National Parks (SANParks) is offering a whopping 50% discount to all its customers on all new accommodation bookings in GGHNP. The special, which runs from 1 July-30 September 2013 is an opportunity not to be missed as it offers tourists an opportunity to spend time in what is known as the jewel of the Free State at an incredible low price.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- 50% discount on all accommodation and camping at Basotho Cultural Village, Glen Reenen, Golden Gate Hotel & Chalets and Highlands Mountain Retreat.
- New reservations only
- Public only (Not Travel Trade)
- Available through all public channels (web, reservation offices and at reception desks in Golden Gate)
- Period of Stay: Monday 01 July 2013 to Monday 30 September 2013
- Period for bookings to be made: Monday 01 July to Monday 30 September 2013
- Excludes 9 and 10 August (Women’s Day long weekend) and 20-23 September (Heritage Day Long Weekend)
- No discounts on conservation fees, wild card purchases, activities or meals excluded from accommodation rates
- 1% Community Levy will apply on discounted reservation cost
- Subject to standard deposit, modification and cancellation policies applicable to the booking channel used.
For more information please call our central reservation at (012) 428 9111 or Golden Gate at (058) 255 1000
South African National Parks (SANParks) Northern Region Communications
Tel: 012 426 5403
SANParks Regional Communications Manager: Northern Region
Tel: 012 426-5403; Cell: 082 941 9980
Tourism Manager, Golden Gate Highlands National Park
Tel: (058) 255 0937; Cell: 082 977 5510
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- It's been a long time...
Posted by: Fanta on 7th October 2015
- Human Behaviour
Posted by: oscaroo on 7th October 2015
- Addo Cam 07/10/2015
Posted by: Dibles on 7th October 2015