- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Professor Brian Allanson honoured by SANParks
Date: 27th June 2013
Professor Brian Allanson scooped the Research Award for 2013. He was honoured by SANParks during the Garden Route National Park (GRNP) Regional Awards, held in Tsitsikamma on 21 June 2013.
Speaking at the event, Andre Riley, Area Manager for the Knysna area of the Garden Route National Park said Allanson had spent numerous years of dedicated research in the Knysna Estuary and other estuarine systems. ‘He has spent more than 18 years as part of the Knysna Basin Project which was established in 1995’ said Riley.
Although he has released numerous research articles and scientific papers on Knysna and workings of other estuaries, he remains actively involved in valuable research of aquatic systems. His continued involvement is through various forums and committees in the area. He is also part of the Knysna Estuary Pollution Committee led by the Knysna Municipality supported by SANParks and Eden District Municipality. ‘Prof’ as he is affectionately known makes a sterling contribution in the effective management of biodiversity in the aquatic systems in the Garden Route National Park.
The Regional Awards recognise GRNP staff and external stakeholders for their contributions and efforts in making SANParks the custodian of choice for the National Parks system of South Africa. Other external recipients of the Kudus this year were Dr Albrecht Gotz, also for research in the Tsitsikamma Marine Protected Area. Nature’s Valley Trust won the Business Partner of the Year award.
Our internal winners:
- Leadership: Frans Douglas and Lesley-Anne Meyer
- Excellence in the workplace: Mark Phillips, Dick September, Shamley Titus, Eschwell ‘Billy’ Tala, Khathutshelo Nelukalo, Karel Jumat, Neil Anthony Swartz, Marco Denver Barnardo, Rowan Alexander, Wilson Notemele, Hesron Ruiters, John Oelf, Ntombentsha Mehlomakhulu, Jonathan Lottering, Mauricha Meshaka, Waldo Erfman and Dru Muller.
- Best customer service award: Geneve Lupacchini
- Best performing division: Ranger Corps (Tsitsikamma West)
- Camp of the year: Tsitsikamma section
- Ranger of the year: Victor Cunningham, Jonathan Britton and Peter Roman
- The General Manager’s Award: Catherine Jantjies, Marionette Scholtz and Andile Namntu.
South African National Parks (SANParks) Garden Route National Park Communications
Tel: 044 302 5633
Tel: 044 302 5633; Cell: 078 702 9663