- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Mapungubwe National Park flood damage update
Date: 23rd May 2013
An update on the Mapungubwe National Park flood damage as on 23 May 2013.
- All camps are open.
Hides and Picnic Spots:
- Treetop Walk is closed as reconstruction is underway.
- Malotswa bird hide is closed and still submerged under water.
Access roads to and around the Park:
Access roads outside the Park
- R572 tarred road from Mapungubwe to Pont drift / Alldays is open - This is the only access point to and from Mapungubwe.
- R572 tarred road from Mapungubwe to Musina is still closed - (bridge washed away).
- Visitors travelling from Musina's side can alternatively join the road via Venetia mine to rejoin the R521 from Alldays towards Mapungubwe. ***Please ensure that you have enough fuel as the distance covered is +/- 140km.
Access roads within the Park
- The Denstat gravel road from the Main Gate to Limpopo Forest Tented camp and Mazhou Camping site is not operational - a small bridge along the way, washed away.
- 4x4 roads inside the park can be used, with caution.
- All other roads are fully accessible.
For further enquiries, please contact Mapungubwe National Park's Reception on:
Tel: (015) 534 7923/4/5