- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
Update on Heavy Rain Alert in the Garden Route National Park
Date: 17th July 2012
The latest update on the heavy rain notice, issued for the Garden Route National Park, as at 20:30 p.m. Monday, 16 July 2012.
- Access to the park and restcamp is open for all vehicle types.
- Landslides on the pass leading to Stormsriver mouth restcamp has been cleaned up, thus no obstructions on road anymore.
- Natures Valley can only be accessed through the N2 via Crags as parts of the road leading to the Grootriver bridge has been completely washed away. Our Restcamp is currently closed to the public and will only open on 01 October 2012, therefore no clients will be inconvenienced.
- The Otter Trail will remain closed until further notice. All guests have been informed accordingly. Refunds will be issued where no future date could be secured. River levels dropping, but still very dangerous.
- The trail to the Suspension bridge has also been closed due to mud- and rock slides on three sections of the trail.
- All internal hiking trails including waterfall trail closed until further notice.
- Fortunately no damage occurred to infrastructure at the Big Tree.
We are still in the process of assessing some areas for damage. We will keep you informed as the situation changes.