- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Two suspected poachers killed and another in hospital
Date: 9th September 2011
A joint operation consisting of South African National Parks (SANParks) rangers and the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), yesterday at Houtbos, Kruger National Park (KNP) resulted in a shoot-out which led to two suspected poachers being fatally wounded and the third wounded - under police guard in hospital.
A member of the SANDF also sustained wounds to the leg and is currently receiving medical attention and is in a stable condition.
Two rifles, an AK 47 and a .416 hunting rifle were discovered at the scene.
Investigations are currently under way.
SANParks Corporate Communications
- wanda mkutshulwa, Head of Communications: South African National Parks (SANParks), Tel: (012) 426 5201 / 082 908 2692, e-mail: email@example.com
- Reynold Thakhuli, GM: Events, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Tel: (012) 426 5203/073 373 4999, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org