- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Media Release: Two suspected poachers killed and another in hospital
Date: 9th September 2011
A joint operation consisting of South African National Parks (SANParks) rangers and the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), yesterday at Houtbos, Kruger National Park (KNP) resulted in a shoot-out which led to two suspected poachers being fatally wounded and the third wounded - under police guard in hospital.
A member of the SANDF also sustained wounds to the leg and is currently receiving medical attention and is in a stable condition.
Two rifles, an AK 47 and a .416 hunting rifle were discovered at the scene.
Investigations are currently under way.
SANParks Corporate Communications
- wanda mkutshulwa, Head of Communications: South African National Parks (SANParks), Tel: (012) 426 5201 / 082 908 2692, e-mail: email@example.com
- Reynold Thakhuli, GM: Events, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Tel: (012) 426 5203/073 373 4999, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org